Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cody got his Frontline application yesterday morning. My DH handles all that stuff and the baths (basically anything care-related - I'm the one who buy treats and toys that aren't really needed). DH left for a 48 hour shift this morning and its gonna be 90 today and 93 tomorrow. So while out shopping for other things this morning, I decide Cody needs a pool. I get the kiddie pool home and fill it up and Cody is hesitant at first, but does get in (along w/ my 2 kids). They're loving it. Then I recall something about no baths for 48 hours after application. Is my memory correct? Did I screw up? I can't find actual application instructions online (at least anything about how long to wait to bath). It had been over 24 hours between application and pool time. UGH! Help! Someone tell me if my DH is going to kill me when he calls tonight.....

·
Registered
176 Posts
I called the 800 number on the box and it said to wait until pet is totally dry if you bathed him prior to application and to wait at least 24 hours after to bathe. I think just splahing in the water with no soap should be okay and it was 24+ hours later so..... here is the number 800-660-1842, just follow the prompts. There is no one there to talk with today so go to the FAQ choice.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Kari! I didn't even think to look for the box. I appreciate you calling and posting the number for me!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Yeah I was going to tell you that our vet said splashing is fine, but just to not totally soak the dog in water for 48 hrs.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
A DH is a "dear husband" ... you will see DD, DS, DF etc. meaning Dear Daughter, Dear Son, Dear Fiance, etc.

Thanks Kari! Good work, and very nice of you to go to the trouble.

I was going to guess...I think that 24 hours after application is fine. Like Kari suggested, it wasn't a bath with shampoo to remove the meds....I am certain that you can keep this one mum! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ok i just learned 2 things

frontline and when to let your dog get wet
and what DH meant ...i was wondering too hahahhaaa

1 - 9 of 9 Posts