Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K., so Calvin seems to have one episode of diarrhea almost every day. He will have perfectly normal BM's all through the day as well, so I can't figure it out. If he was doing it all the time I would think something might be wrong, but it doesn't so I'm not sure. We started changing his food about 2 weeks ago, but he was doing it before that, even. The only thing I can think of is that he may be getting too many treats throughout the day....I HAVE to keep his mouth busy, you know....He is disinterested in things that don't have a flavor, so all his toys are just sitting around. I give him dog bones, chicken jerky, peanut butter and kibble in his kong, an occassional marrow bone....BUT he eats all his food twice a day.

What do you think????
Leslie

·
Registered
294 Posts
Peanut butter gives Otto the trots, maybe you are giving too many treats, try just giving the same one instead of a variety of treats, it is hard to refuse them I know I have been there but Otto will try it on with me and not eat his food to get a treat.

G

·
Same thing was happening with Bella. I'm still not sure what exactly is causing it. She does not like peanut butter, so it is not that for her. I do give her the chicken jerky, so maybe it is that? Anyway, instead of cutting out the offender, I just make sure she gets some slices of cheese, usually smooshed up and stuffed into her kong. The cheese is a good binder, and she loves it :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts