Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
I took Sofie to one this summer. I think they are becoming more popular everywhere. Last day of the public pool is "for the dogs". Sofie had a blast for a good 3 hours and money to get in was donated to training canine search and rescue :) Thanks for sharing the fun video!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is awesome Mike..............
I live in a very dog oriented Province but have yet to find this
idea here. Would be wonderful, Denver would love it.
We have a great dog beach but I would love to see him in a pool situation.
Will keep searching for one...........

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Great video - the best, the husky pushing the Lab in the pool and the black Lab going down the blue tunnel into the water

we do not have that around here either, but since AB doesn't like to swim, it wouldn't be good for her anyhow

Sue, how about asking the parks department about doing that, if someone suggests, they may work with local animal shelters or pet stores to help sponser it

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sue, how about asking the parks department about doing that, if someone suggests, they may work with local animal shelters or pet stores to help sponser it
Great idea Mary......Thanks I will definately look into that.......

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
What a blast!!!! It brings to mind my backyard when Jac brought her 5 dogs and Vicky brought Copper!! We had an unscheduled pool romp!!! Tallady, on this forum, said there is a public pool in Folsom (adjacent to Sacramento) that opens up to dogs on the last pool day of the year!! I'll watch for that this year; Dakota would LOVE it!!!!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I haven't heard of any in my area, but Cinnamon would love it too! The only problem with her would be which ball to chase!

She'd be the one that jumps over the little one to get in. She might be a pusher, too, but she would follow.

How did you guys like the speedo?

G

·
We have that here too. It's called dog jog. There is a 5K (3.1 mile run) in the morning (no dogs) and then they open the pool and at 12 there is a 5K walk in which dogs take their humans. Also the pool isopen everynight the following week for dog swim. The "entry fee" goes to an animal charity in the area (different charity every year).

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
that looks sooooooo neat!!! :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
We took Dante to do this last August. It was a great way to teach him how to swim. However, the pool we went to starts at zero depth which is great for gradually getting them comfortable with the water but the rough bottom of the pool tore Dante's pad. We will go again at the end of next summer but I will have to pay a lot more attention to how long we stay.

Heather

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Great video. We went to one at the pool club we belong to. Every year the last day the pool is open, they open it up to the pooches in the evening. Lots of dogs, way more than I thought would show up. Marley's first venture into deeper water. He was a little unsure, and because he was so young, I think he was more distracted by all the dogs. Too excited!! Everyone had lots of fun though. Talk about smelly wet dogs!! Phew..quite odiferous!!! :eek: :lol: :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts