Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that this tornado/hurricane (it's all the same scary to me!) weather misses you and that you are unscathed!
You are in my thoughts...

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Same here...I'm thinking of you, and praying that all our friends are safe.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I heard about all the tornados this morning, I was stunned by the amount of damage they caused. I would like to join Jac and Ellabee in praying that all are safe, our thoughts are with all those effected by the tornados.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Joining in the prayers... I hope everyone is safe and sound, both human and canine.

Update us when you can!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well I will update, most storms are finaly moving out the City of Greenburg is completely gone about 1500 people lived there. Thank goodness so far they have reported only 9 have lost their lives. There was tornados again on Saturday and Sunday they started Friday night. There is local flooding all around the State. My poor dogs are tired of sitting at my feet for once.

Thanks everyone for caring and thinking of us all here in the Midwest.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, Linda, how wonderful to hear from you! I have been so worried! Sounds like you had a miserable time of it, but thank God you, your home, your family and your dogs are all fine.
You will remain in my prayers...all of you!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Glad to hear you are all safe and sound!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oooh, so glad that you spoke with Diane too. Thanks for that reassurance!
We miss you guys!
Be well.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've just been reading about the destruction of Greensburg...amazing...I can't even comprehend the loss. The news says:

"Virtually the entire city has been destroyed, " said Maj. Gen. Tod Bunting of the Kansas National Guard on Monday. "It's as bad as anything I've seen." The general said in some ways the damage is worse than Hurricane Katrina because the entire city is in ruins."

They did find a survivor today, under the rubble...one tiny beam of brightness in an otherwise dreadfully dark day.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I am reileved and happy to hear those on the forum that live near the area are fine....thank you for posting this news.

I am also saying prayers they find more survivors in the rubble. What a devasting tornado.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hello all my forum friends :) I'm sorry I haven't been on the forum for a few days but all is well here. The storms were all in the western part of the state. I can't even imagine going thru a tornado of that magnitude. It was 1.5 to 2 miles wide and even wider at times, can you even fathom that? I've never seen so much destruction in my life.

Jac, the report of finding a body this morning turned out to be false. They are still doing search and rescue but no more have been found.

Thank you all for thinking of us :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So great to hear from you Diane! I'm very glad that you and LInda and your families are fine.
I am so sorry that the story was false...it gave us a bit of hope. *sigh*
No, I can't even comprehend anything that powerful...or the distance it can cover in such a short time, let alone the 2 mile swath! Way too much for my mind to wrap around. Must be so frightening!
Take care!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts