Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since he discovered the daybed, Dexter has made a new discovery. He can now sit on the daybed and look out the window. No biggie, right? Wrong! He has also discovered his "big boy voice" and he's decided to protect mommy and daddy from everything in the neighborhood. Lawnmowers, suspicious looking trucks, little old ladies, nothing is sacred. I don't want to scold him for being a watchdog, but we live in an apartment. One in which I have two-too-many animals, and don't want complaints. Oh, and I have been informed by daddy that I have to pull back my pretty sheer curtains so his majesty has a better view. Big help he is. I'm not kidding, he'll sit there for hours on end going bullistic at anything that moves. It was too cute today, he had his little stuffed duckie between his paws while growling at passers-by. I tried to tell him the duck is bad for his image, but he didn't get it.

What is this pooch gonna think of next? And how to I get him to discern a real threat from a menacing looking grandma?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Dextersmommy said:
It was too cute today, he had his little stuffed duckie between his paws while growling at passers-by. I tried to tell him the duck is bad for his image, but he didn't get it.
Too funny! Didn't Dexter tell you it is an ATTACK DUCK!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Dextersmommy

Denver does the same thing.
He thinks that everyone that walks on our street should be barked at.
He stops when we say hush but as soon as a person or car or cat or
even a bird lands within his eyesight he will bark at it.
Way too funny, but I understand being in an apartment with this going on
as we lived in an apartment with the nine cats before we bought this house. They may not have barked but they would chase each other and I worried about neighbor complaints especailly since they only thought we had two cats. :wink:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
I think the only time Jonah barks at the window is when that big yellow thing rolls up the street and eats little children. Oh yeah...the mailman too...cause he slipped him a cookie TWICE!!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Our Dexter does the same thing. Last night was really bad. My husband opened the blinds for him to get a better view...well half way through our dinner he was barking uncontrollably...we went to look and he was barking at a couple walking down the sidewalk. Well that was the end of his "better view".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts