Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dexter and his doggie park bff Nanook, [photo not available at this time :) ]had a rockin' good time time this morning at the big field. It had been POURING here for the entire day yesterday, and while I expected the grass to be wet, and his paws to get a little muddy, I didn't expect that he and his partner-in-crime would find a huuuuuuuuge puddle off to the side. Now keep in mind, Nanook is a Samoyed, pure white.

Here's how Dexter ended up. You can imagine how Nook ended up:

Soooo, I had to give the mudball a bath. Which is kind of significant, because, well, ....I've never bathed Dexter myself until today. :oops: Actually, I've never ever given a dog a bath until today :shock:

But there's a good reason for this. As a child, my parents were always the ones to give a bath. And with Dexter, I wanted to socialize him with a groomer, and they were soooo nice and did such a good job with him, that I ended up getting into the habit of taking him there for ALL of his baths. It was so easy...especially with a two-year-old underfoot!!!

But, since all is always well in Doodle-land, I swallowed hard and went ahead and bathed him myself. HE WAS A CHAMP!! Such a good boy! He even dug it when I used the blow dryer on him. Couldn't have gone easier! Gotta love Beginner's Luck!!

So, here is the aftermath of playing with Nook, getting all kinds of muddy, and having Mom give him a bath for the first time:

OUT LIKE A LIGHT!

....and that was our day :D

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Holy Moly Dex!!!!! You sure got really really muddy!!! :shock: I love the pictures Lynn, especially the last...what a sweetie! :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
OMG Dexter - wish I could find a puddle that big to play in - I've only gotten muddy up to my elbows, guess after seeing you my Mom won't think I'm so bad !

Huggies
Annabelle

G

·
So, so adorable and sweet!!!!!!! I love the muddy photo. Looks like a GREAT time was had by Dexter and his best buddy!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LYNN...those pictures are soooooo cute!!
hahhaha i love the 'sleeping like a log" pic :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Oh Lynn
They are wonderful, I love a muddy Doodle
who then cleans up so good and cute and adorable
and tired and then stays out of any kind of trouble!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Dexter....way to go man....puddles are the coolest!!!

AB....next time it rains at our house you can come frolic in our temporary pool!!

Jonah and Miko

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Wow Dex! Mom NEVER lets me get that dirty! She says playing on the beach and in the water mats me enough.

I'd much rather be there with you playing in the mud - its not fair, you got the COOL mom!

~Sandy

Lynn... you are a brave soul... now please tell me you hosed him off before allowing him back in your car!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
debbildog said:
Lynn... you are a brave soul... now please tell me you hosed him off before allowing him back in your car!
Ha ha - I didn't have to! The big field is about 100 yards down the road - we walked! Nook is our neighbor, that's why we see him all the time. (The field is a huuuuuge soccer field surrounded by woods. The town lets us run the dogs there because everyone is so good about cleaning up after them!)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PS - my mistake, I said he was a Samoyed but meant to say American Eskimo. Here's what one looks like (not Nook), now picture all the gloppy mud on HIM!

His dad and I were just shrugging at each other "Whatcha gonna do..." :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
LYNN my neighbor across the street has a American Eskimo rescue dog hahahaha and they take him to the groomers every 2 weeks :wink:
AND Peanut's nickname when it rains is PigPen as she rolls and rubs and slips slides inthe mud with max hahahhahaa -- That's what hoses are made for :wink:

YOu know what? i think it's GREAT you let your doodle get muddy it's a part of being a dog...just like when my 3 kids were little tots, i let them play in the rain and mud hahhahahaa why not! :D

IF any of you could see how I look after a days of supervising and helping a landscape job I design ...hahhahaa you would NOT recognize me at all . I am NOT allowed to come in the house unless i hose down first hahhahahahhaaaa (and NO i don't use doggy shampoo) :wink:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
'Waaaay cute story! And the pictures are adorable...boy, I have seen my share of dirty light doodles! LOL You did a great job with him.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Dear Dexter,

You are soooooooo lucky!!!!! I wish the FoodLady would let me do that ... but she says it would be hard to get me home since I won't let her hose me down at the dog park :cry: !

You clean up nice too!

Woofs and Licks!

Ebbe

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Wow, you look like you had tons of fun! Mom lets me get dirty but then I get the hose. I like the hose though. Mom laughs because I'll aways want a drink before I get washed. I want a drink before she waters her flowers and before the cars get washed, too. Hose water is good!!

I have a nice muddy lake to get my mud from. I don't have puddles that big!

Hugs & licks to all!
Cinnamon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts