Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Dex to an agility clinic yesterday. There was one other dog new to agility and 2 dogs who had some experience. They introduced the dogs to all agility equipment. Amazingly, Dexter did really really well. He successfully did each piece of equipment (most on the first try). The clinic was at a lady's house (2 min from where we live) and she also teaches a basic agility class which was starting today. She said we could take Dex as a drop in - which we may do...he actually showed promise at being decent at agility.

Then the doodles came with me to my parents. Kirby stayed with my brother while Dex and I (and my dad) drove to Philly airport to pick up my husband. The doodles were so happy to see him (after a week away).

Kirby was a little angel at my parents...Dex...well...he wasn't horrible. He stole: a piece of chocolate, 3 socks from my brother's room and a coaster. Besides that, he was a good boy :wink: They ran around the yard like lunatics and are still wiped today.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Way to go on the agility Dex! Tyke and I have been working on her "flatwork" and has another lesson on the course in a couple of weeks - I swear I think Tyke is picking this stuff up faster than I am!!! :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the funniest part of the class was when we were introduced to the gait (is that the word)...basically the bar they jump over. Well they had it on the lowest level and Dexter literally was just walking over it...the whole class was cracking up. So they put another bar on it so he had to jump a bit. I was totally amazed that he jumped through the tire...it wasn't very high up, but I was still shocked.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I swear I think Tyke is picking this stuff up faster than I am!!! :lol:[/quote

Kim - That's a really good straight line, which I'll leave alone for now. Maybe Gene will drop one though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts