Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am livid (with myself mostly) right now. Dexter has never bothered my clothing that I lay on the bed. So today I paid no attention as I laid my jeans there to be worn later. Awhile ago, he was too quiet and I went to investigate. He had emptied my pocket, and was smacking down the last remnants of a $100 bill!! He had his choice of $100, $20, $5, or two $1's. I guess he has expensive taste, cause the rest are salvagable.

I intend to rinse his poo tomorrow morning and try to get a little more of the bill from it. And then send it off to the mint for recovery. That could take several weeks, but at least I'll get it back, hopefully.

Anybody want to doodle sit til I calm down? I need to be laughing right now, so I don't cry. Gene, AnnMarie, anybody got a joke that can make this funny?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Thats sucks. Can you really return a poopy bill to the mint? The person who opens the envelope is going to get a smelly surprise! I am always paranoid the doodle will get a hold of my wallet, its the only thing I put up high where she cant get it.

·
Registered
972 Posts
So sorry that happened, but all you really have to di to have the serial number on any part of the bill, and bring it to the bank. My neighbor had to do this once because her dog ate a bunch of 20's and she got the bills out and just enough of the serail number and took it to the bank. They gave her new bills right there.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Oh wow... little devildog!
We used to have people bring in damaged bills when I worked at the bank. We'd give them replacements right then and there.

Sorry you had such an experience, I can imagine if that happened here the air would be blue with my colorful language. LOL

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Oh Dextersmommy please don't cry....in a few days you'll sit down and be laughing about all of this!!! Especially after you retreive the serial number!!!!! hahahahaha....Raleigh ate two dollar bills recently, or rather I should say 'ripped to shreds'...but that was no big deal...I can just imagine
the expletives if it had been $100!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: mmmmmm....maybe he was thinking he needed some new toys?????

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Here I complained when Miko ate most of a $10! Here you go Miko, $90 more ....you're falling behind! :wink:

Dextersmommy.....who knows, with how amazing these doods(usually) are, she may "pass" you some change! :shock:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
He had his choice of $100, $20, $5, or two $1's. I guess he has expensive taste, cause the rest are salvagable.
haha...

Oh i'm so sorry - I know that's really bad and I too would be livid!! That little guy actually went into your pockets to take the money out??? Smart little :twisted:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The other bills are torn in half or missing chunks, but the entire serial number is there. With the hundred, there is a small shred that has maybe 3 of the digits on it, and a couple corners with some zeros that you can tell were a hundred. According to the mint, if you have over half a bill or the entire serial number, you can take it to any bank. If you have a morsel, they have to analyze it to determine what kind of bill it was, and you have to write and tell them why you only have a morsel. That should be a chuckle of a letter :shock: Wonder if they want pics with that?

He hasn't pooped yet this morning. But I did see a program on the mint that said they have received some interesting "packages" to analyze before, they've seen it all. I'll try to rinse it real good ;)

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
If you have a morsel, they have to analyze it to determine what kind of bill it was, and you have to write and tell them why you only have a morsel. That should be a chuckle of a letter Wonder if they want pics with that?
When you write your "My dog ate my homework letter", oops I mean
when "My dog ate my $100.00 dollar bill letter "could you please post it so we can all laugh again.
Bahahahahahahahahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sorry but it is a funny story when it is not my Doodle........
teehee

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I must say this thread has been very educational! I had no idea you could recover your damaged money at the bank or the mint. That's pretty neat. Good luck with the recovery! :D We're all anxious to hear the outcome of this story. :D

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
We're all anxious to hear the outcome of this story.
We are hoping that the out come will be the coming out of
more pieces of the hundered dollar bill
bababaabababbahahahahahahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa

Ok its friday and I am in a silly mood................

·
Registered
98 Posts
That is very intersting, I didn't know you could get it replaced either!

But wow, that sure does suck! I'd be so mad, I'm not quite sure what I'd do :? Naughty dog! That sure would put a dent in his treat/toy allowance!

·
Registered
141 Posts
bad doodles

I once threw away 5 brand new 100 dollars bills in a bank envelope that I thought was empty on Friday went looking for the money on Monday could not find it and the trash was out for pick up Out I go and take back my trash before the guys arrived Start digging threw sticky summer time trash 3 barrels later I found it .Took it in and washed all was well.
As far a dogs being naughty I went to a party and worn my diamond and ruby earrings and when I came home took them out and put on my night stand. We went out the next day and Walt was let out of the kitchen by my son who did not keep track of him well he got up stairs and took my pearls and earrings of my night stand. We get home walk up the stairs and their are my pearls on the porch, Go up stairs no earrings After searching for a bit I found one earing and have never located the other checked everywhere even the poop It never showed up. I still hold out hope I will find it somewhere someday. Hope your recover your $100 bill.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm beginning to be able to laugh now. I talked to the bank and they need 3/4 of the bill, complete with serial # to replace it on the spot. So they are getting the rest of the bills, and I am sending the scraps off to the mint. (If you google destroyed currency, you will get the addy for the mint's instructions)

The good news is, the transition to adult lamb and rice food has gone well and Dex's digestion is right on track. His poo doesn't really stink much. The bad news is, his digestion is right on track and anything there was of the $100 bill is long gone.

Picture this...We go out for our morning "constitutional". I give it a few minutes in the sun to stop steaming. Go out with paper towel, grab a stick for "stirring". I go in, put it in an old colander (one that will NOT be used again!) put it all in the sink and run hot water over it, stirring with my stir stick, til it dissolves and I can see what's in there. All I ended up with was a chunk of his green and white raggy bone :? :shock: Disinfect the sink and assure my baby doodle that I truly do love him alot, cause if my hubby destroyed a $100 bill, I'd probably have smacked him :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kind of like mining for gold....in a sick twisted kind of way! :shock: Good luck with your search, and tell your husband to count his lucky stars it wasn't him! :wink:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Peeeuuuuuuwww! I spy with my little eye...

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
okay here i go again
hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sorry I do feel bad for you but OMG he ate $100 ....i guess Dexter is no longer PRICELESS hahahaha he has a hefty price on his head :wink: well let's say he can be called FRANKLIN?

HMMMmm was DEXTER ingesting or Investing in future passion of crime?

Dextersmommy...does it make you feel any better that i once had a dog nip my ring and ate one diamond in a circular pattern that cost $350 to replace and IT NEVER showed up in the poop :shock:
Or how about a dog that destroyed half the house cause we all were 2 hours late? ate 2 pairs slippers with sheepskin, put 2ft hole in the couch, ate the popcorn and ornaments off the xmas tree, chewed coats and whatever else he could bring into the living room. Back then i was only making $10,000 a year with no savings hahahahaaaa
he even got into my plants.....so i really was dirt poor hahhaha

(((((((((Dextersmommy))))))))) take some life insurance out on Dexter then you won't kill him intentionally!!!

ohhhhhhhhh i do feel your pain but remember it's always funny when it's someone ELSE's doodle :wink:

G

·
Dextersmommy I am so sorry but I have been laughing so hard. But only cause it wasn't my dog that ate the money. I hope you get the money back from the mint!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts