Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, whew.

The dust has settled a bit here, so I can post about how our first 48 hours is going :)

First off, Diane has forgotten some vitally important information about her litters on her website: They come housebroken!!! :D :shock: :D

Dex has had exactly one accident since I brought him home. One. And that was the first evening home. Every other time he either holds it untilI take him out, which I do every 4 hours or so, unless he's softly whining and looking at me - then I know he probably has to go out, and I take him and he does his thing! My husband and I keep looking at each other waiting for the other shoe to drop regarding his housetraining....and it hasn't dropped yet. Dex has batted 1000 since that first night's puddle. WOW.

Next, a few observations....

His personality is really starting to come out. He's a total lap dog. We keep on envisioning him at 50 pounds, thinking he can still ball up into our laps. He's very friendly, interested in the people he meets. And he has wild doggie-dreams in his sleep.

He sleeps through the night in his crate. He complains about it for the first 10 minutes or so, and then settles and that's it until my son wakes everybody up at 6-630am.

He loves my lambswool slippers...he'll pounce my feet as I sit or walk. So I have taken to carrying one of his chewy ropes along with me if I'm wearing my slippers, and put that in his mouth instead. So far it works about 50% of the time..... :roll: :wink: This morning, he started chomping my hair...

Also, when I walk, I kind of have to drag the balls of my feet along the floor and not pick my feet up off the ground with each step. He's been underfoot a few times and I've nearly tripped over him several times, so my toes act kind of like the cow-catcher of a train.

He loves to play fetch with a tennis ball. He brings it back for another throw; I'm trying to teach him the "drop it" command. Much like my success at re-direction, he drops it about 50% of the time....
:wink:

He's also a decent leash walker so far too. He's not really a puller thus far, he'll more likely dig in and not want to follow me. When he does this I stand still and turn my back to him, he pretty much consistently comes over to me; sometimes he comes and sits next to me. This is another instance where I fully expect the other shoe to drop, and he'll turn into a nut when on the leash!

Sorry for the horrid photo - I didn't want to use a flash and it's kind of blurry..

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
OMG Lynn I could have written your post - in fact - read my blog - I sort of did!

So glad things are going so well with Dexter for you! Keep posting more pictures - I love seeing him home with you guys!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Wow...that's quite impressive about the potty training! We were on and off w/accidents until our Dexter was 4-5 months old. Hopefully it keeps up for you. I'd still buy a nice bottle of nature's miracle though...just in case. That stuff is wonderful! It works on everything (Dex threw up the other day and the spot immediately came up...)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh wow, that's funny about your blog....they definitely are brothers, huh???

Here's a few more I just now took:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OHHHHHHHHHHH yeah. I definitely keep the Nature's Miracle locked and loaded!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Oh Lynn! I want to kiss that puppy nose! He looks like his color is lightening up a bit?

Just gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
debbildog said:
He looks like his color is lightening up a bit?
Not that I can tell.....he's just about the same color as the wood floor in the living room.... :D The lighting in the pics are a little off from showing his true color. His ears are a tad darker than the rest of him.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Ok, I've got to know from experienced doodle owners...

Is it typical for 8 week old puppies to be this well housebroken or is it a complete fluke? I'm amazed with Sandy!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
debbildog said:
Ok, I've got to know from experienced doodle owners...

Is it typical for 8 week old puppies to be this well housebroken or is it a complete fluke? I'm amazed with Sandy!
It will come and go for a while, so enjoy it while it lasts.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
omg...the sleeping pics just made me go to doggy heaven and back again. I feel like i need to wear cement shoes when veiwiing Dexter and Sandy pics to keep me on earth!!!! ohhhhhhhhh they are way to cute!!

Lucky you with housetraining and wow!! Max was 4mos old till he was trained and Peanut at 4.5 mos is almost there hahhahahhaa otherwise we're doing great in all other areas.

Congrats on giving Dexter a chew toy each time he tries to chew something!!! yes way to go!!! you're doing great!!!AND enjoy how much they nap NOW hahahhaa cuase before you know it they'll be up and about most of the day with comical antics hahahahhahaaa!!!! lov it! :D :D

and isnt' great how they are natural born retrievers?! and drop it command is quickly learned too!!!

sounds like you are having a blast and soooooooo in love!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keep the pics and stories coming!!(thanks) :D :) :lol: :D

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK did i miss something cause i don't see that anywhere except for the quoted reply. i also am going on 4hours sleep hahahhaa

Typical male loving the neck and boobs hahahahaa
hey better wear a padded bra :wink: cuase if he nips of mouths those :roll: and i stop there hahahhahahaa

G

·
gene said:
Nothing in this world cuter than a sleeping doodle! Thanks for sharing! I'm so happy for you and your family!
Oh sure, Gene takes the high road and ignores our comments...... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Thought I'd leave the "boobs" to the girls. Since I lost about 50# a few years ago....I don't have any anymore! :oops:

Are you happy now Linda....you made me type "boobs"?? :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
The roses are red and yellow
violets white and blue
Seems the boy doodle may appear mellow
that is till they see a boob or two :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Hey, as long as Gene doesn't act like boob and only types it... i am a ok with it hahhahahhaa

1 - 20 of 30 Posts