Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been dying to take the doodles to a dog beach not too far from our house. It's really great...off leash is allowed and the beach is set back a comfortable distance from the street. There were quite a few dogs there. The temperature wasn't as bad as I expected either :) The boys freaked me out a few times by running quite far away from us, but were good and came back after not too long. Dex had fun chasing his toy into the water...Kirb ventured in a bit, but he is still leary of water.

Some photos...

and a very short video

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
that is so neat you get to go to the beach...GREAT PICS! :D

now do you let them dry and just brush them off later?
or do they get baths?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now do you let them dry and just brush them off later?
or do they get baths?
we put them in the bathtub and washed off their legs and underbelly. So not a full bath but more of a rinse. Then they got a good spray with our best shot finishing spray.

Last summer when we went to OBX we just turned the hose on Dex, but we don't have our hoses out for the season yet :)

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I would love to go there more often. The dogs there were super well behaved and obedient...I was really amazed. it's about a 30 minute ride so it's not too far. Traffic sucks near the shore here in the summer so we'll have to time our trips well ;)

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Leslie those are awesome! I can't wait to get Bogie to the water SOMEWHERE!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Doodles and the beach...the perfect combo.

·
Registered
247 Posts
great shots! do they go very far into the water? we take shaia to the beach pretty regularly and she's afraid of the waves :) we take her to the bay side beach where the current isn't bad and she sees other dogs in the water (the waves are small on this beach) but still won't go in. in fact, she'll inch toward the water and when a wave comes in, she'll bolt back to land. she loves still water though. on a positive note, she's stopped eating the sand and puking it up at 3am :D

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
great shots! do they go very far into the water? we take shaia to the beach pretty regularly and she's afraid of the waves we take her to the bay side beach where the current isn't bad and she sees other dogs in the water (the waves are small on this beach) but still won't go in. in fact, she'll inch toward the water and when a wave comes in, she'll bolt back to land. she loves still water though.
haha...so Dexter will go in with or without coaxing (i.e. throwing a toy). However he will not go out too far. He will swim in a pool, but hasn't realized he can swim in the ocean too...so he does more of the jumping in and out of the water and will only go out as far as he can keep his head above water :)

Kirby is so cute...he really isn't a huge fan of the water, but will go in a little bit to get a toy. He was pawing at the waves and will only go to about his knees (do doodles have knees?).

·
Registered
215 Posts
Great photos! What fun. Reminds me that I have to put a towel in the car for after our walks near the river....the ride home after a water/sand romp without a towel is always interesting!!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it's the dog beach at Manasquan Inlet - just a bit north of Point Pleasant (exit 98 on GSP). There are directions online - you would never find it if you didn't know it was there :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts