Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's over, yeah! NO collar of any kind! Somehow or other, the stitches are under the skin :?: so it's okay even if she licks it! She's basically still half drunk right now. They did send me home with pain meds. for the next five days if needed. She only has to limit her activity for TWO days! :eek:
Overall it went really well. We'll just have a sleepy doodle on our hands for a day or so. She's just laying around except when she needs to go potty. She's had very little to eat or drink all day but that's to be expected.
Will update if anything changes.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Hi Sadie - glad to hear your surgery went well.

Remember to take advantage next few days - ask for xtra hugs, kisses and toys :wink:

Love Annabelle

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Great news........................
Denver's stitches were also done on the inside
No cone or stich removal later, it was so much easier.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did they glue the top layer maybe?? (In addition to the internal stitches) This is what they did for Shadow - and have done on my kids when they had surgery... I'm glad it went well.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
so happy to hear all went went and two of mine had the same type of internal stitches....and no cone either.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Thanks for letting us know.......I've had her on my mind!! YAY! It's over!!!!
Sadie.............R&R!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CherylB said:
Did they glue the top layer maybe?? (In addition to the internal stitches) This is what they did for Shadow - and have done on my kids when they had surgery... I'm glad it went well.
Probably but they didn't explain it to me. That would make sense though. More sense that what dh thought they may have done :roll:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Glad you are BOTH ok! Somehow I'm sure it was harder on you waiting to hear than it was on Sadie!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah! So glad it's over. When Uma got home she was one sleepy doodle. My husband slept downstairs with her. When I came down early the next morning I was expecting to see a weak, sore doodle, but nope...she ran right over to me, threw her arms around me, and gave kisses. Of course we did our best to limit her activity, but it's truly amazing how quick her recovery was.

How's Sadie doing today??

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd say she's 75% her old self. Whined when I wouldn't let her follow me upstairs :!:
I'm trying to keep her quiet but it's not easy! She jumped up a couple times alredy today too. She was ravenous this morning! I'd say but tomorrow or the next day at the latest, we'll forget it even happened!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
HEY THOSE PAIN MEDS ARE FOR HER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad the stress is over!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts