Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see the show on Designer Dogs that was on the National Geographic channel? I saw it this morning. The first dog they featured was the Labradoodle because they said it was likely the most popular one. They showed Rutland Manor kennels and talked all about how great the LD's are. :D Did you know that Rutland Manor has 50 litters a year? Wow!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a big range of prices now in the U.S. I've seen puppies for as little as $650 and as much as $2000.00. I think Rutland Manor, which is in Australia and breeds multi-generational pups, gets $2500.00 for their puppies.

The TV show said 50 litters, but, maybe they meant 50 puppies. That would make more sense. I can't imagine they could have 50 litters. I catch news people making mistakes all the time if I know alot about what they are reporting.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do think it will come on again. The National Geographic channel repeats shows all the time. :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
No, I think that RM gets 50 litters a year...
And, yes they are very, very expensive.

The price is generally determined by several factors, not just the fact that the dog is a Labradoodle...and breeders range from the RM kennels to puppy mills...and everything in between...that is why it is so important to look well beyond just the price when you buy.

I'd like to see the NG special...thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow Jac. Do you really think they have 50 litters? Would that mean they must have 50 females? How in the world could you take care of that many dogs and puppies?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Doodle Family
At The National Geographic website you will find information on all shows,
and when they will be repeated.
Julee

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Yes, I do believe that (I have no knowledge that they do, of course)...they have a HUGE operation, they have been in business for many, many years...they may utilize guardian programs and/or kennels...but I would not be at all surprised to hear that they have that many litters per year.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, that is just amazing. I hope that you didn't think the tone of my post was distrust in you. I just think it's astonishing that anyone could have that big of an operation. They must have alot of volunteers or employees to help handle and socialize the dogs and puppies. The dogs and pups really were beautiful and the grounds they had were gorgeous with horses on the property too.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
:lol: No, Kim...thanks for being concerned...but I didn't find any offensive tone to your questions...just amazement! (And I agree!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts