Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so last night, we had just finish dinner... I walked into the living room to claim my spot on the couch, I see Della, playing with a toy of some sort (who knows what, since there are so many)... she looked darling, like a little angel... as I reached for her, my arms fully extended, grinning from ear to ear at this perfect precious puppy... I notice that I don't recognize the "toy"... something just didn't seem right... my face was not more than 6 inches from her when I realized…
OH MY GOD!!!
IT’S A MOUSE!!!
IN HER MOUTH!!!
ON MY COUCH!!!
I screamed in horror for my husband!!! My arms were flaying around in panic, as Della ran from my DH, because she KNEW, he would take her prize from her!!! At this point, Della is running from my DH, Lucas and DH are running for Della, I am running in circles, and the cats are all hiding!!! FINALLY, DH reached our little girl, she turned and looked at him, their eyes met, and she had made up her mind… HE WILL NOT TAKE THIS MOUSE… in an INSTINT…. She swallowed the WHOLE THING!!!

G

·
Oh wow what a night you had!!! I don't know what I would have done. Other than scream drop it!!!!

Glad it wasn't me!!!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Funny....especially because it was someone else's doodle and not mine :lol: :lol:

I would have freaked out......ewwwww....hate mice.

·
Registered
125 Posts
OH YUCK!!! I may have had to move after that one, or at the very least sell my couch. :shock: I actually traded in a car after it had a mouse in it!

Once in a while these doggie friends have to remind us that they're just ANIMALS! :D

·
Registered
968 Posts
:lol: :lol: Bwahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: What a character!!
(Boo wants to know if it was yummy!) :wink:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my Boo said:
:lol: :lol: Bwahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: What a character!!
(Boo wants to know if it was yummy!) :wink:
DEEEEEEELISH!!!!

My cats kill mice in the backyard ( the mice like to drink out of our pond ) they play with them and then leave them once they are dead... it seems, little miss priss found one of the cat's expired "toys" and brought in the house with her... I saw her rumaging around the backyard, I now know why!!!

G

·
You are going to have to keep an eye on her. If she is anything like Maya....Maya never forgets where something is that she isn't allowed to have. I can let her out hours later and she goes to the same spot just to look for whatever it was she wanted.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmz819 said:
You are going to have to keep an eye on her. If she is anything like Maya....Maya never forgets where something is that she isn't allowed to have. I can let her out hours later and she goes to the same spot just to look for whatever it was she wanted.
Oh yeah, she'll be back to that spot for sure!!! I have already asked the cat's nicely to please refrain from killing anything and leaving it in the backyard... but, they seemed uninterested in my request! :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Protein Mom...just gettin my protein!!! Hahahahahaha.....this post just made my afternoon!!! :wink:

G

·
L's Mom said:
Oh yeah, she'll be back to that spot for sure!!! I have already asked the cat's nicely to please refrain from killing anything and leaving it in the backyard... but, they seemed uninterested in my request! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yeah I have asked my cat not to leave her toys laying around. She does it more now I think cause she knows the stinky dog will get it and then get yelled at!!! I swear she does it on purpose just to get My in trouble as My can't resist a cat toy!! :roll:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I'm cracking up here...mostly because 1) It wasn't me and 2) I know Dex would have done the exact same thing :) I hate mice!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
:eek: Oh my you had a night you don't forget about for sometime. I am sorry. I am not good with bugs or mice. She just wanted to show you she was a big girl. But YUCKY she ate it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like it's a good thing Della is so cute!! I would have died - I hate critters of any sorts.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Hhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa too funny especially since it WASN"T my doodle! seems your doodle is being trained by your cats :shock:

Peanut and Max once played relay race till i caught up with Peanut
It was a big Fat MOLE, I screamed and flung it across the room.
My son was laughing so hard watching me try to pick it up with napkins and it kept sliding out hahhaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It really was so GROSS!!! Especially since I was coming in for a KISS!!!

Gene, I don't think she tasted it... it was more like ... Oh Crap! Here comes dad... 3 gulps and gone!!!

Calimom, I do feed them RAW as part of their diet... but I don't think FUR is a part of the Raw Meaty Bones diet, is it???

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
As long as the mouse was dead I'd have been fine... it's when they drop them and they run in my direction that I get worried.

We've had half eaten rabbits, small snakes, mice, moles and a baby squirrel brought into the house over the years. Like I said, if they're dead I can deal with it... if not, I've got a problem. lol

Thank goodness you weren't home alone like I usually am!

·
Registered
162 Posts
No point in hunting unless you're going to eat it, right?

Besides.... At least she cleaned her plate!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts