Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of us at a "certain age" remember the wonderful song by Johnny Nash … "I can see clearly now the rain is gone, I can see all obstacles in my way…" It has been such a favorite of mine that it was the recessional song at Marc's and my wedding eight years ago yesterday!

We celebrated this anniversary by using our new Spa in the lower level of our house. Though the space isn't completely finished, we were able to take a sauna for the first time and use the new three head walk-in shower. A bottle of Sonoma sparkling wine stood at the ready and Ebbe was in her crate for this momentous occasion. :D

It was wonderful! We couldn't believe we were in our own home! Following our spa experience Marc got Ebbe and had her join us as we sat in the empty space and relished our years together, this new addition to our space and the goofy dog that was sniffing around an area she had yet to visit at length. (She did find out she likes champagne from a Waterford glass :shock: - small heart attack there!)

After a while she settled down with a chewy. Except as I looked around I saw the chewy and it was nowhere near her. At the moment I said "What does she have?" she got up, started to scramble and after capture we retrieved MARC'S EYEGLASSES THAT HE HAD LEFT ON THE BENCH IN THE SPA COMPLETELY DESTROYED!!! :cry: :cry:

Nothing kills a romantic moment faster than a Doodle munching up your eyewear. :oops:

They were Marc's work glasses with the magnetized sunglass attachment and while not his really good ones, they were vital to his day-to-day vision. And so now we have a dog who has decimated TWO pairs of eyeglasses in the space of ten days.

Do you suppose she's trying to tell us something? Do they have Doggy Eye Doctors? How would she read the eye chart? "Arf Arf Woof Bark"?

Or maybe the big question is ….HOW STUPID ARE WE AND WHEN WILL WE LEARN NOT TO LEAVE OUR EYEGLASSES WITHIN REACH OF EBBE?

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Whoa Ebbe
Your owners gave you two chances to get some yummy eyewear
and you capitalized on both opportunities.

Wow lucky girl. Maybe next time , although they should really learn from this, but sometimes humans are slow and depending on what breed they
are you might want to take them back in for more training. In the meantime maybe give them a break until their training is up to par and just bring them back their eyewear in one piece.

Your buddy and I bow to you "Oh Mighty Ebbe"

Denver

PS Ebbe
They need the eyewear to see the yummy food on the shelves in
the store that they buy for you. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Happy anniversary!
It's our 22nd one tomorrow.

I'm sorry you lost another pair of glasses. OMG hubby would be SO upset if that happened here. He admits he can't find the floor to get out of bed without his on!

I hope you had a nice evening in spite of the mishap.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Ebbe,Ebbe,Ebbe!!!! TWO???????? Bwahahahahaha...I think your Auntie Vanessa should fix you up with a pair of your very own glasses...maybe with a little 'Bling' on the sides???? She can put them on the poster your nice Uncle Gene made you!!! :wink: Time to give Mom and Dad a break, at least until they get their new pairs!!!! :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but sometimes humans are slow and depending on what breed they are you might want to take them back in for more training.
Amen Denver!

Gene ... She's just has an Award Jones I guess .... OH Marc was so upset! And guess who's turn it was to giggle? :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can totally empathize with you here...only just yesterday got my new glasses...the ones to replace what my little darling ate a month ago :!: Needless to say, $600.00 on top of the price of my dear Doodle did NOT make my DH happy :shock: ! But to his credit, he held his tongue and took it relatively gracefully (the saving grace was that my prescription needed changing anyway, I was just putting it off :) ) Anyway, hope yours are replaced with ease and you don't have to wait a month for them to be made...then re-made....and many excuses made...before you get your new pair!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Happy Anniversary !

Ebbe, we know you were trying to be nice and bring Daddy his glasses since he can't see without them :lol:

AB has only eaten one pair of glasses, hopefully that was her first and last and was I glad I had paid the 13.00 for accident insurance - it was set to run out soon after she ate them, so it did not cost to replace that pair

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
omg...i did giggle as when it's someone else's doodle its funnier. hahhahaa 2 pair :shock:
i just checked to make sure mine are on the table next to me or i am blind as a bat without mine.

ohhhhhhhhhh Ebbe what were you thinking silly girl? :wink:

I had a $450 pair destroyed by Max when he was 16weeks old. :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts