Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just waiting for my beautiful Pepper to decide if she wants to be a guide dog or not. However, I let Jac know that we had originally decided to send her off to Canine Support Teams if she decided not ot be a guide, but NOW I have decided the if she wants to drop out, she can be my forever girl!!! God, I miss this little pretty princess so much!! Were at coffee yesterday and a gal come up with her 14 week old yellow F1. Crying at the coffee shop is just no good...salty tears is not what I usually put in my joe!! As much as I want her to excel and show all how incredible she is, I just want her home, finally able to sleep in the bed with us and snuggle all night long!!! Send her good thoughts!!! [img
][/img]

G

·
Kari, Pepper is just such a special girl! If she decides to come home, she will be just as special! And you will be incredibly blessed (either way!)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Kari,
We all know in our hearts there is a reason for everything.
Pepper will do you proud no matter what happens, and tears in your coffee are fine.
(Maybe that will be a new Caribou Coffee flavor Gene can market. :wink: )
Good thoughts for the best outcome.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Just for the record...we would like nothing more than to see our Pepper living at home with her beloved Kari!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Jac said:
Just for the record...we would like nothing more than to see our Pepper living at home with her beloved Kari!
Ditto.....and just reading it did put tears in my Caribou coffee....there's no market for that!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
ah Kari - I'm sure you are torn because it would be great for Pepper to become a guide dog and help someone and it would be so nice for her to come home to you!!

As was said, everything happens for a reason, although I would love to see you get Pepper back :) Keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And as the Spice Girls, who will be on a world tour soon would say..."people of the world (spice up your life) every boy and every girl (spice up your life)!! I want my Spicey girl back!!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Keeping the good thoughts coming your way, Kari! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hoping this works out for you and Pepper!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Lynn, Kari will answer this much more clearly, but it is my understanding that she is now in intensive training and if she has any difficulty at all, they can either send her home or work with her...it depends on the situation...I don't think that there is a time frame unless they evaluate the dogs at certain levels of the program. That, for sure, is something Kari knows!
But, even something like them eating poorly will get them kicked out!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Thanks Jac for that, I was going to ask the same question
as I did not understand how the decision was made, and now I do. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Thanks for such a great explaination Jac! :D and wow they are really strict.
Kari , here's hoping for the best for you and pepper

·
Registered
985 Posts
Pepper sounds so very bright that I have difficulty imagining her failing to come up to standards UNLESS somehow she knows that that's the way to get home to Mama. Here's hoping that she "decides" to become Kari's "forever girl." This is one scenario that I've been following with a total lack of comprehension; although I admire Kari to pieces, I can't imagine raising a pup and bonding with it and then having to let it go. Couldn't be a foster mother either....

Fingers crossed, Kari! AND picturing Pepper coming home to you.

Leslie

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only time frame we really know of is that it takes a minimum of 20 weeks to train a guide dog. There are weveral strps to go through. I know at the 10 week mark there is a blindfold test with a trainer following behimd the blindfolded trainer. First they teach her how to pull in harness, turns (left and right), overhangs etc. Confidence building all the way. This loud noise thing they just re-instated. They will work with her , yet not stress her to the point of breaking her spirit if she is stressed. Cross your fingers (for whatever outcome you want :lol: )

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Leslie,
I'm with you - I admire the heck out of foster parents and people like Kari - thank God for them! I don't think I could do that, and Kari, I'm hoping Pepper is back with you really soon!!! :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awh it's so bad, but rereading this, I'm rooting for Pepper to not pass :shock: I feel guilty even writing it, but I want her back with you :wink:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts