Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it's been a long time since I posted one of my Toby Tales..... Let me start by reminding my readers that I am a huge supporter of the evil looking prong or pinch collar. I do use one for training along with a short lead. However, Toby also owns a 30 foot retractable lead so that he can "run" and "have a little fun" when we aren't studying. Well, last Wednesday it was an absolutely beautiful day here and I met my husband at the park at lunch time to walk a few miles. Toby went along and we decided to let him walk on the long lead so he could scamper about :roll: All went very pleasantly for atleast a mile then we met a very small poodle mix and her very snooty mistress. I asked if Toby could speak, but I don't think the granddam answered before my handsome man edged over to touch noses. I promptly pulled him away and told him that was enough, the little gal did not want to play with him. We walked on about ten paces and I thought snot and pot had gone the other direction so when Toby wanted to sniff I gave him a little extra lead. He went behind me and I thought he'd just circle back, so..... I lifted my right arm with the lead above my head. Toby spotted the princess directly behind us and ran as hard as he could toward her. But I held that lead!!!! Landed flat on the back of my head. Poodle and poo did not even ask if I was all right. My husband thought sure I was doodle-died. Toby was just standing with his big black nose in my face saying "what's up mom?" uh "did I mess up?" How can any be mad at a face like that? My headache is much better now too.

G

·
Oooohhhh Noooooo!!! Not only is that very painful, but must have been embarrassing! I hope that you are okay! ...but...it IS a very funny story!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Ha-ha!! Glad everyone is ok! I temporarily still have the upper hand with Dakota, strength-wise, but twice when I was on my knees playing with him, he unexpectedly lunged at me with his front paws on my chest and I went backward flat onto my head! Ouch--I was amazed I didn't break my legs. Now I always sit a bit sideways . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.