Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a number of our doodles go to daycare. Here is Tanner off to his daycare in the AM with his dad.

It's so cute to see how excited he is to go, he waits by the basket that hold his car harness.

Here is a picture after a day of play...he is also excited to go home. Notice the wippett on top of the dog house...that's where he stays most of the day.

They are having a halloween party so despite Tim's objections, Tanner will have to have a costume :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Wow Tanner!!! You sure have got it good!!!! Me??? I'm stuck in this silly crate till my Mom or Dad gets home... :cry: she keeps saying that if I would NOT chew things, I could have the run of the house!, and that it'll probably be 6 mos. to a year more before I can be trusted... :shock: Why don't they trust me??? I've NEVER done ANYTHING!!! :shock: :shock: Bwahahahahaha

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
We wish we had daycare near by! I get the crate and Jonah gets the freedom.....even though he misbehaves on a daily basis! :evil: Dad says he two of us together would be a disaster!....I need to find out what that is. He also said something about treat issues with that moose of a brother of mine!! :roll:

Tanner, you look wonderful and have such great parents who treat you soooooo nice and post great pictures to make my dad smile!! :lol:

Miko

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have a few questions about doggy day care. How do you find a good one? How much does it cost? Are the dogs well supervised?

Nicky's crate is an "extra-large" but he's too tall for it! He stays in it anyway when I have to go out. I don't feel comfortable leaving him out of the crate alone in the house yet, since he's known to chew (and eat) most anything.

Maybe once in a while day care would allow me an entire day out without worry.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have taken Tanner to 3 daycares. The first was very small and was run by a vet. It was okay in the beginning but after a few times, Tannner came home filthy and stinky :twisted: :twisted:

Next we tried the premier daycare in our area...very nice, well run, videos that you can watch during the day...Tanner was injured by another dog's dew claw and ended up with several vet visits....2 rounds of staples...though I don't think it was their fault, I thought they were just too large for good survelience.

I found the one we are using now by visiting unannounced. I visited others unannounced and they were not all so good. This one is fairly small, the daycare area is right behind the check in counter....they have plenty of help...I love the groomer there...she does a great job on doodles. There are several other doodles that go there...a few that we recommended. Tanner is always happy to go....clean when he comes home.

We get a break on cost if we pay for 20 visits at a time and a discount for paying cash. We end up paying $12 dollars a day less 5%.

Here is there website and you can see how they charge and what all they offer.
http://www.dogsrusslc.com/daycare.htm

Tanner goes 2-3 days a week....the days he stays home he has been very good and just sleeps. I use open xpens to keep him in the kitchen and family room...so far so good...fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Miko honey, you are very lucky to have a brother....moose or not. I am an only child and sometimes it is very lonely....my daycare is okay but you have a forever pal.

Tanner

.... :wink: :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Wow that's a great price! I've checked around here and the best I've found is $25/day (when you buy 20+ day passes) :shock:

I love seeing photos of Tanner...it's like looking at Dexter's twin :)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
OMG look at all those dogs

I love that spotted hound snuggling up to Tanner.

Doggie day cares and doggie parks amaze me, how can you put that many dogs together and not have constant fighting

Looks like Tanner has lots of fun

Whippet looks like he found a nice safe spot LOL

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Cali went to doggy daycare today and had a blast. The place where I take her does a temperament test to ensure a dog is compatible to play in a large group of dogs. Today Cali was with a lot of goldens and labs. They had sprinklers to run through, so she was wet but totally happy when I picked her up. It's $20 a day, so a treat for both of us once in awhile. :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Annie I LOVE that 2n d pic of Tanner with his bud at daycare ...it is precious!! and for some reason makes me giggle too. thanks!!

Peanut and Max: WE are jealous...no doggy daycare as MOM says we play 24/7 nonstop. What do moms know!?! Then she says we have a buddy Lacy that comes down every Sunday to play and now Bella the goldendoodle puppy is going to play with us 2 times a week starting in October. Our mom also puts us in a crate part of the week :shock: she thinks Peanut would chew everything in sight!! So I max have to get crated too? that's not fair at all. Annie and Tanner can you talk to my mom? thanks!

·
Registered
248 Posts
WE LOVE DAYCARE!

Uma doesn't go that often, but if I know I have plans after work (or just want to go out on a Friday night) I take her to the nearby Doggie Day Care and she LOVES it. When I pick her up she is so exhausted from playing all day and keeping the staff entertained (it's her job, you know?) that she's sound asleep before we even get home. I don't have to feel bad running in the door changing clothes and slipping out again because I know after spending a day at Day Care she's not going to wake up until the next morning. My mom compares it to taking my sister and I to Disney...we'd sleep for the next 3 days! ha!

The one she goes to is a national chain and I highly recomend it if there's one near you. Check them out...

www.campbowwowusa.com

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Peanut and Max...I would love to chase in your backyard....having friends over to play is just the best. Daycare is the next best thing. If I had a brother or sister, we would get into mischief too...since it's just me, I just pout and sleep. :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
FoodLady said if they didn't have daycare they wouldn't have me :shock: ! I just about pull the FoodGuy's arm out of the socket I am so anxious see my friends the two days a week I get to go.

They also have a spot for overnights, and have my favorite foods and treats when I'm there. FoodLady says it's about $14.00 a day for 20 days ... whatever that means. :? And on days when I am given a bath and hair cut :evil: not my favorite, the daycare is free!

My trainer guy, Eric, also works there and I get to give him hugs when I see him. It's a really fun place! :D And I'm so sleepy when I get home I take a big nap to recharge. Woofs and Licks! Ebbe

(Unfortunately, she is recharged by 9 or 10pm the same night ... as a smaller puppy she needed an extra day of rest ... so late evening walks are also needed- Mary)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mary...that is what we are finding with Tanner. He used to sleep for hours when he got home...now he is refreshed and ready to go after an hour nap :twisted: :twisted:

G

·
This is a great thread!
Thanks for the info KGarro. I checked the link and we have a Camp Bow Bow kind of nearby that I think I might try for boarding. It looks great. I'll visit first to see it in person, but it sounds great! And they currently have a foster dog from a local shelter that they are socializing in day care (and different workers are taking him home, too, to get him used to it) and hopefully someone will fall in love and adopt him. I think that is an awesome way to give back to the community and the dogs!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
kGarro....nice to meet you and thanks sooooooo much for postingthat link.I can't believe they're going to open one soon here in my area :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks to everyone who posted information about day care and links to sites. There is a Camp Bow Wow within 20 miles and I'm sure there are other day care places for me to visit.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Mary...that is what we are finding with Tanner. He used to sleep for hours when he got home...now he is refreshed and ready to go after an hour nap
Exactly! It used to just knock her out, but last evening she came home and immediately proceeded to bark at the cat, squirrels, golfers (our property backs up into a golf course), our contractor, leaves falling, neighbors coming home from work and air! :twisted:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts