I had this emailed to me this morning from my brother. I make no claims to its validity, but it is always better to error on the side of caution.
It is just like warning for humans. Eventually there is nothing out there we can do, eat or touch. So take it wioth a grain of salt, but thought I wopuld at least post it.Fox news ran a story today where they examined a range of dog toys made
in China, and you guessed it... found highly toxic amounts of lead!
The vet they interviewed is Sheldon Rubin of the Illinois State
Veterinary Medical Assoc. He conducted a random test of a variety of
toys, and his conclusion for the time being was that people should throw
out any pet toy made in China with paint on it, such as the tennis balls
with the black pawprints stamped on them, (found at PetCo and PetsMart)
- which tested to have 30,000 parts per billion of lead, going straight
into the dog's mouth.
Other items listed were things like the plastic squeaker balls made to
look like soccer or footballs, where they have the black paint
squares/stripes stamped on them. He warned about certain ceramic food
I'm sure there will be more on this coming in the news as people start
to look at our pet's toys with the same scrutiny as children's toys."