Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So even though Charlie could use a bath, I just gave me a good brushing today because it is cold outside and he hates the hair dryer.

While brushing his belly, I noticed a ton of flakes. I really couldn't get them all out. They are only on his belly so I'm thinking its probably not run of the mill dandruff.

Could this be related to his puppy coat changing? or maybe he just got something stuck in his fur that I managed to spread all over?

Is there such a thing as belly dandruff?

Deb

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
is it just on his belly?

Dandruff can mean a mite,*normally its flakeness in the coat hair commonly called walking dandruff
you can get frontline spray and spot on that will clear it up in no time

also if you dont rinse well it can cause skin irritation that can be flaky looking always use a conditioner after shampoo and spray spray spray to rinse completly

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, its just his belly. I don't think its a mite. The pieces are too big and certainly not bugs. I can't see any soreness, redness or irritation.

The fur on his belly is very soft and fuzzy and I can't help thinking that maybe this part of his coat is changing. I've never noticed any type of flaking before.

I also haven't bathed him since his grooming so perhaps its just a build up of shampoo or conditioner that didn't rinse well?

Deb

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
yes thats possible, i would go ahead and rinse him well really well and see if that help,,
shampoo build up can cause skin irritation and that cause cause real lasting problems

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Hope it's just that he wasnt rinsed well and that a good rinse with warm water and maybe a wash down of belly with washcloth will help get some of the flakes off too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts