Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual, Dakota spent his weekend in the pool. He has been working on his form and style in hopes of getting an approving nod from his hero, Cinnamon! :D Here's a few of the highlights! . . . Bear with me; I've been trying to master the "action" setting on my digital, but it's going to take much more practice! :oops:
Diane (and Dakota)

One . . .two . . . three . . . and go!

What form! What style! :wink:

Gurgle, gurgle . . . he's down there somewhere! :D

Bringing out half of the pool . . .

And bringing out the rest! :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
oh those are so cute!! did it take him long to get so used to jumping in??

we tried to bring dexter in our pool this weekend and it was only partially successful. he clearly wanted to come in, but was really afraid. my husband carried him in and around the pool to show him it was ok. then we put his lifejacket on him and let him swim around, but he still was very very uneasy. I wish we could have gotten him in a pool when he was younger, but it was just impossible (we had closed our pool by the time we got him in late Sept.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be persistant; you're on the right track! :D

Dakota was terrified of the pool--even the kiddy pool we bought him. :shock: It literally took months to become the water dog he is now. It finally happened when we took him to the lake. We threw the ball out deeper and deeper until he literally lost his footing and discovered he really could swim! We quickly got him into the pool. We carried him like you would a child and gradually let go until he realized he could also swim in the "bottomless" pool! Since then, we can't keep him out of the water! If we're not out back with him and he decides he needs a swim, he will sneakily drop the ball in the pool and then decide for himself that the ball simply had to be "rescued"! :roll:

Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
seazr wrote
he will sneakily drop the ball in the pool and then decide for himself that the ball simply had to be "rescued"!
Hahahaahaha that is such a cute way to get a
swim in the pool!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow GREAT photos !!!! Hard to believe Dakota was scared at one point as he seems to really enjoy himself in the pool now. :D

we took peanut and max in our pool for the first time yesterday. max swam down the bottom :roll: and i showed him to swim on TOP of the water hahhaha

peanut would swim a bit then forget and start to sink hahhaha sooooo i had my arms under her belly then later she laid on my stomach on a lounge chair with me and we floated around in the pool

so both my doodles are nervous of the pool and feel more secure swimming in the creek.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
What great pictures! I love the one of him swimming for the ball...his outline in the water looks like a giant sea turtle! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts