Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some recent pictures of Dakota--hopefully this works! He is 4 months today. He is 30 pounds but struggeled with giardia for 5 weeks. Last week the vet said he is large boned and will be a BIG dog! He has elephant ears, giraffe legs and feet the size of pancakes!
Diane

·
Registered
424 Posts
What a darling! He looks like a cheerful fellow.

Our Sadie is a little over 4 months (born Oct 22) and is also 30 pounds. She has giraffe legs too -

How is Dakota handling the teething?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read somewhere that when puppies are teething, they need a variety of textures to chew on, depending upon their needs at the time. Dakota has everything available from rawhide to rubber to plush. That seems to be working fine for him. He has lost the upper and lower little front teeth. --Can't wait 'till he looses those razor sharp little fangs! And, by the way, I had 3 people re-weigh him yesterday, his actual 4 month birthday, and he weighs 32 lbs. I have a feeling in my bones (bones are highly reliable!) that he will be a lean 80 lbs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What a cutie! I can't believe how different these labradoodles can look. Our Dunkin is 4 months old and weighs 17 lbs. He's a mini. Here is a picture of him. One is with his best friend, the Lord and Taylor Labradoodle.

G

·
The easiest way to post pictures is to upload them to photobucket.com. Each picture will load with three address lines. Copy the last line--exactly--to your message. That should work. --Took me a couple of days of research to find out that little trick!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yay I can see the pictures! What a sweetheart. He reminds me a lot of Chester and your description is perfect...although with Chester we said deer legs. Dunkin reminds me of a stuffed toy.
Glad I was able to get my doodle photo fix!

G

·
Stacy--What a grand idea! I will offer the photo for no charge! However, in all fairness, Dakota is a bad representative of the product. The poochie ball, which was intended to be a "I need to go potty" ball is, for Dakota, a "PAY ATTENTION TO ME" ball--it rings every five minutes!

Chesterpal--he's darling; can't wait to see his gallery!

G

·
different looks of a Doodle

First generation Doodles can look like poodles, labs or anything in between. I have 2 doodles- both black. One is a 2nd generation and the other is a 3rd. Their coats are very different, both from different parents. The 2nd generation, Belle, has a softer curly coat and doesn't seem to tangle at all. She is build narrow and long legged like a Poodle. She's 8 months and weighs about 50 pounds. The other is 10 months. IRS (pronounced Iris- born on April 15) is really stocky, bigger boned broad chest about 60 pounds. Her hair is curly/frizzy and I am in the throws of brushing and combing out the puppy stuff for her adult coat. She gets brushed every day because of the massive amount of hair. I trim their muzzles short because they absolutely cannot see a ball in front of them if I don't. I am greatful to some poodle people for giving me the name of the hair products that really work. I take the girls to Petsmart once a month for treats but mostly for the large scale they have outside the Vet's office. It's easy to weigh them and it is accurate.
We really enjoy them. They are people dogs. My husband is so allergic to dogs, we researched and found theseand he has not had one attack.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts