Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had one of those days. As usual, Dad left us all alone at home while he went to this fun place called "work", what ever that is. Today, I was all excited because he forgot to shut the bedroom door. I snuck in and what do I find?? A new toy!! Imagine by excitement.....the bed all to myself....AND a new toy. he Gods have smiled down upon me!! So, I did what I do......have fun with it!! What a great time I had. You know what happened later when dad Got home? He acted like he was upset, but I heard him stifle a giggle!! :wink: What do you think of my handy work??

Miko

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
hahaha...oh Miko - you did quite a good job on that pillow :) Miko - tell your dad...It was Jonah...remember all the good work he did on that sofa??

So Gene - are you leaving all 3 together when you go to work now (just w/the bedroom doors closed) or are they confined separately?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Leslie, they are all out together. Usually the bathroom and bedroom doors are closed, and half the living room is xpened off. Guess I was really tired when I left the house this morning.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Doodles and stuffing seem to be like cats and catnip lately!

I must admit, you did a great job taking out that pillow bud! :D

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Great job, Miko!! How do ya know which one did it?? :roll:
The joy of coming home to that!! Oh BOY!!!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Miko is a pillow nibbler. She has been caught nibbling pillow cases in the past. Plus the arrangement of the stuffing was a "one dog" job, and the whole set-up screams Miko..... :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
MIKO.......you are INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY!!
did your dad catch you in the act? did he get this on tape?

does he KNOW it was an intruder that did this and framed you!!!

Gene.........that pillow was killed quite nicely too hahhahaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
MIKO

Wow what a lot of effort you put into that....................
I know your brothers helped you a little bit but we will let Dad
think it is all your handi work............teehee

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Miko, dear, unless they read you your Miranda rights, your confession can not be used to convict you.
Besides, it's not like you were the only suspect, right? Right???? Ah, Miko...???

·
Registered
235 Posts
How did you doodle proof the area you let them play in during the day? Is it all in the training yo have given? How long are you at work? I have been leaving Samantha for about 4 hrs at atime and coming home for lunch and doodle time every day, but my job is changing and there will be no more long lunches. I have not excited what to do with Samantha during te day for 8 or 9 hrs at a time. Its either the crate or run free in the house. I am thinking crate but dont want to hurt the dog or her feelings or give separatin anxiety for the 8 or 9 hrs I am away. Please give me advice.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Usually puppies can be crated 1 hour for each month. If you are going to be gone 8-9 hours that is too long for her to be crated. Choices might be to use and X pen ( I used a 4X4X4) and put her open crate inside with some potty pads on the other side of the Xpen for when she needs to potty. She won't be able to hold it all day at her age and you don't want her to go in her crate.

Another choice is to have a neighbor or friend come and take her out in the middle of the day.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I agree with Annie and she has given some good ideas.
You could also consider doggie day care.
Here is a link to crate training and it gives guidelines as to how long to crate a dog: http://www.inch.com/~dogs/cratetraining.html
I sincerely do understand your circumstances, but if there is any way to get your pup some daytime exercise, that is best. Labradoodles are very active dogs. Many breeds are fine crated for long periods, but doodles need to run...I hope that you can hire somone (a neighbor or youth nearby) who can come over and play with Samatha for an hour or two while you are gone.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I do not envy you John...we went through the whole lunch visits for 6 months with Dexter...luckily we managed it so one of us could drive home everyday. How old is Samantha? I would try to get someone in at lunch time if you can help it.

Sorry to hijack your thread Miko...back to business....

Miko - I'm serious - blame Johan :D

·
Registered
980 Posts
We were very fortunate that one of us was home most of the time with Dex. He quit using his crate at 10 months and is totally trustworthy now. He even stayed home alone for 2 days last month, with the neighbor to do potty walks and feeding. He's never been destructive though. Never chewed woodwork or bedding. I think boredom is a culprit with destructive free range behavior. I think our cats keep him from being bored. I'm betting you could get a neighborhood friend who would love to spend some quality time during the day with a cutie pie like Samantha.

Miko, daddy needs a doggy cam, kinda like a nanny cam, so he has hard evidence of the crime. Know your rights, little pillow chewer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts