Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some nylon thread and some needles and Dr.Frankensteined all five of these stuffed toys. I had taken them out of circulation when I noticed the first rip, and I was able to save these five.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are Samantha's favorite. I can't not let her have them. She really loves the soft things. Our tug rope is made of fleece really cool.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nicky got a new shaggy sort of ball yesterday (Fleecy Clean Tye Dye Ball-Med). It's made of fleece fabric. He had it apart in less than an hour! It is now a fleece strip with a chewed end! It was a present; I no longer buy fabric toys. They never last very long once Nicky gets them.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sam is only a fan of soft toys as well...
We sew most of em back up just like you!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
What I find interesting is that neither of my poodles have ever destroyed a toy; but my labs and labradoodle are MAJOR chewers and toy destroyers.

Moses (standard poodle) got a rubber knobby doughnut squeaky toy the first day I got him and it's been his pride and joy ever since. He'd lay and chew and squeak that thing almost every day but never hurt it. Bella (black lab) had it chewed in half and took the squeaker out in under 30 minutes.

I have a horrible time trying to keep collars on my dogs because Snuggles (f1 Labradoodle) will chew them off the others. I can only keep choke chains on them and even those she will sometimes remove.

So based on my crew, I'd have to say it's the lab in them that makes them chew their toys to bits. lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Haha I love the boxing glove. I was just chatting with a guy at the petco who told me that it would be a waste of money to buy a crate pad with a lab (or lab mix)puppy. He said that he took care of a neighbors lab when she was on vacation and he came to walk the dog and the dog had ingested (not just chewed) an entire couch cushion. Needless to say, off to the vet they went. He confirmed what y'all are saying about lab puppies- they chew everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts