Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - wanted your input on something - we purchased a "dog cushion" at Wal-Mart, for about $20.00, to give our Astro a more comfortable place to sleep besides the hard plastic of the floor of his crate.

After taking to it right away, he proceeded to chew it up over the course of a month -

Anyone have any other ideas? We'd like to give him a more comfortable sleeping place, but don't relish the thought of having to replace it monthly.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
158 Posts
One month, you did well! Most beds we buy meet their maker sooner. The best bed I have ever purchased and has NO chew marks on it is thick sherpa on the inside and thick suede on the outside. It is full of dogs right now. I will try to take a picture and send it to you. P.S. I happened to buy it at Target.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Tim,

Just curious...how old is Astro? We have a similar bed, and I was wondering if we were in for a similar exeperience.

Thanks,

·
Registered
279 Posts
I used to worry about my doodles in their crates without a bed. We put towels in with them but usually they shove the towels aside and so they sleep on the plastic floor of the crate (which is on a radiant heated floor).

For Christmas they got big sherpa/canvas beds, but they only use them when they are out of the crate and being supervised. When they chew on them, I tell them, 'NO," and they stop. They're learning that not everything is a chew toy - and that their beds are special. There is no way I could afford to buy them each a new bed every month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts