Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past few months Dexter has become much more cuddly. Before that he had no interest in laying with or on us. Recently he has started coming over to us (on the sofa) and will lay on us (in a totally loving way - he is in no way dominant).

My question is I wonder if this is a result of him getting older or a result of us getting Kirby? Has anyone with 1.5 yr or older doodles observed such a change in behavior? I totally love it - I like having a soft doodle to snuggle with :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
I haven't noticed that with our Sadie but it would be nice if she did. She follows me from room to room, and always lies close by, but she is not a cuddler. If she is coaxed up on the bed or furniture, she will tolerate it for a few minutes, then jump off the first chance she gets. She likes being rubbed and petted when she is on the floor though.
She is over two so I don't know if that will change, but we would like it if she became more cuddly.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Annabelle cuddles sometimes but she moves a lot when she is sleeping, will sleep in one spot fora bit, get up and move to the other end of couch or diff spot on the bed, sleep , repeat, sleep repeat but when she is in a cuddley mood, I take full advantage :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Our Yoshi is sooo boysterous, but when you pick him up, he just crumbles into your arms and melts, hes such a sweetie! Last night he slept on our bed and curled into us!!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
When Cacao is tired she will but if you want her to cuddle when she isn't in the mood then no way.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner hops up on the bed every morning for his daily cuddling. He will lay there for 10-15 minutes getting rubs, scratches and give kisses.

Other than that he doesn't cuddle. He does lay next to me on the couch most every morning when I drink my coffee and every evening when we watch the TV. I suspect he does it more now because of the cold floor and when it gets warmer weather I doubt he will lay next to be.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Napa's cuddly. Sometimes I have a hard time telling if he's attempting to be dominant, or if its cuddling.

But, usually he ends up sitting or laying RIGHT next to our feet to the point where he's almost on top of them. Then if we're on the floor, he'll come over and lay down to the point where is almost on top of us. He's on the floor, but he gets really close. It's the same if we're in bed. He'll lay at the bottom of our bed, inbetween our legs. Of if just one of us in on the bed, he'll typically just lay next to us. I think its out of love, because he's not attempting to push us away, or anything.

But Napa is, without a doubt, a cuddler. And I wouldn't have it any otherway....

·
Registered
659 Posts
My significant other has turned Ozzie into a cuddling zombie. He knows that once we are finished with dinner and she's settled in on the sofa to watch some HGTV, it's time for him to catch some ZZZZ's on her lap. So he sits there impatiently humming the theme song from Jeopardy until she hoists him up. From then on, he's immediately in a profound sleep. No amount of noise will wake him. It's kinda spooky!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Boyd is almost 21 months old and he has become more cuddly as he gets older. He loves his morning cuddles (I let him upstairs to join us in bed) and he will curl right up with us on the couch. However, the cuddling is on his terms. He does not tolerate being fawned over or picked up. :roll:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boyd is almost 21 months old and he has become more cuddly as he gets older. He loves his morning cuddles (I let him upstairs to join us in bed) and he will curl right up with us on the couch. However, the cuddling is on his terms. He does not tolerate being fawned over or picked up.
haha...yeah that's what I mean. This all just started in the past few months (he's just past 18 months). Dex hates being picked up too...sometimes I try to get him to come and cuddle by bringing him to me and he doesn't like that. He wants it on his terms too.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Bogie is getting more and more cuddly. AT 4 1/2 months, he doesn't stay there too long....but it's fun while it lasts.
I know what ya mean Leslie.......I LOVE IT!!! One of us will pick him up & put him on our chest. Sometimes he does fuss, but he's getting more and more lovable and lovin' it!!
This is what I want too!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Peanut lately just LOVES to cuddle with me more than usual
then BEAU tries to climb on my lap and next thing Max starts crying for attention hahhaaaaaaaaaa

so i sit on the floor so ALL 3 doodles can cuddle up with me and i get doodle kissed to death hahhahaaaaaaaaaaa but i love it!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sampson will come and put the upper half of his body on your lap. He like lays down but with his hind legs on the ground and most his weight on your legs. The funny thing is that he seems totally comfy like that!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
In the evening I sit on the floor to play with Denver,
When he is tired of playing, he goes on the couch behind
me and puts his head on my shoulder............
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Sammy-Doo's Fam said:
Sampson will come and put the upper half of his body on your lap. He like lays down but with his hind legs on the ground and most his weight on your legs. The funny thing is that he seems totally comfy like that!
Yah...Tanner does that too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts