Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I'll try and make this short.

Animal Control called me and ask if I would come over and look at a dog they pickup locally here 5 days ago. So I went over this morning at 10:30 and been working on it all morning. (She is really only allowed to keep a dog for 3 days and then they get put down!!! Her namce is Cindy and she really would like to find the owner

He is a Brown St. Poodle intact and has a chip number the problem is when we called of course it has not been registered.

Home Again does not have it in their data base, Lambriar Vet Supply bought it in Oct 2003 NOW here is the kicker, Lambriar only keeps it on file for two years, yes that's right 2 years on who purchased it. I've called all the Vets in this surrounding area to see if they implanted it none have Maybe a breeder who knows.

Anyway I'm asking you all not to use Lambriar Vet supply to buy your chips from until they start keeping the chip numbers on file to who they sold them to longer than 2 years. I know that doesn't mean that will stop all of the problems but it's a start.

Thanks in advance to anyone who will stop buying them from Lambriar...

·
Registered
853 Posts
I sure hope the poodle does not get put down. Is there a poodle rescue in your area? Standard poodle adoptions are very hard to come by.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks for posting this Diane...I am not sure where my vet buys the chips from, but maybe as an organization, we could get enough people to contact them to change their policy!
It should only be a matter of backing the information up onto a small disk...how hard can that be?
I am a records manager (among other things... :wink: ) and know that businesses are REQUIRED to have a records retention schedule...with important records identified and scheduled for storage or destruction, according to the value of the information...perhaps we could ask about their records retention policy and start them thinking...
Let me know if I can help!
(Geeze, you KNOW that I'd love that Poodle...but I can't imagine the owner not frantic over his loss...I hope that you can find them!)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually Jac it was me Linda who posted but that's okay everyone who see's Diane and I together thinks were sisters!! :lol:

PALS is a local rescue we got them to take him they will get him neutered and Vet checked and clean him up and then put him up for adoption. No worry about him being put down I told her if someone didn't take I would and I would re-home him.

Mainly I just wanted people to complain to Lambriar and their Vets about them not keeping records at least 15 years.

Jac I've already gave them my thoughts when I found out I never buy from them anyway because they help support puppy mills. Here is the 800 # for them. 1-800-344-6337 complain away everyone.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks, Linda...I am sorry that I responded to Diane...I KNOW the difference between the two of you! But, since you are both so high up on my list of experts and good people, sometimes I don't pay enough attention to the signature line of the post...I am glad that you understand that! (I love you both! :oops: )
I will contact the company and give my opinion too. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I spoke to my vet and they couldnt believe that about lambriar. they said they use avid, so let me know if there is anything not good about them. M~

G

·
I read the post about the poodle not being registered and was surprised someone would spend the time and money to chip their pet and then not register them.
Wouldn't you know it, early this morning Bella got the outgoing mail from the counter and chewed it to pieces and ate some of them. Included in those bills and letters was her registration form and check to Avid. :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts