Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all I've read, I've been sold that crate training is the way to go. Have any of you used a soft-sided crate? I've seen some that are made out of a material that seems to be rugged like that used to make a back-pack. The material seems to be fitted around a metal frame. They look ideal for use in the car and for trips away from home. Anyone use one of these as the main crate for their dog when the dog is at home?

I'm looking for a crate that would be good at home and easily transported to a weekend beach home.

I would welcome any and all suggestions.

·
Registered
77 Posts
we used a suitcase style metal crate. those soft sided crates just don't seem to be sturdy enough. i think our dog would have chewed on them and they'd be no good. but maybe I'm wrong. But I"ve heard of other people who said their dog chewed on theirs. since our puppy is such a chewer, i didn't want to chance it.

the suitcase style folds flat for storage and travel, which is nice. you can ge tthem at wal mart, petsmart, petco, etc. or try a website www.petedge.com. they have tons of dog and cat stuff for great prices.

good luck!

G

·
We have a metal crate in the kitchen and a soft sided crate in bedroom.

She has not chewed her way through the soft crate and she's now 6 months old. I just made sure she had a rope bone in there at night and that seems to help.

I actually have to get a bigger soft crate because she is growing a lot bigger then we were told she would be!!! :lol:

Hope this helps!

Gabrielle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts