Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting our new mini labradoodle puppy this Saturday. She will be 8 weeks old. I would love to know what size crate I should get for her since I'm not sure exactly how big she will get. The breeder says between 20-25lbs. Can anyone tell me what kind of crate they like best and the size I might need? Thanks

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
you will end up buying more than one crate as your doodle gets bigger.
The small crate or medium might be good. they should have enough room to move around but not play soccer.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
conversely you could buy a crate that will fit your doodle at it's full size and partition it off for now so she doesn't have too much room.

Our doodles are large so it's hard for me to say...maybe a medium or large size crate?

·
Registered
123 Posts
We ended up going through stages - got a smaller one for initial crate training, travel when we brought ours home - took a couple of months to outgrow. Then I went and got next size up - and we bought BIG for house - ha ha we had to backtrack and buy one slightly smaller for the car due to height and hatch.

Weight is misleading, but at eight weeks I would get one slightly big and partition it off. I would get started on a basic #100 vari-kennel Amazon.com: Petmate Ultra Vari Kennel, For Pets up to 15 Pounds, Bleached Linen: Pet Supplies and comparing the measurements between sizes you can see how they 'grow'. My girl is a standard - she weighs less than forty pounds, but is in a 36" big girl crate for sleep -

My son has bought his crates at Goodwill (making me look bad) but also you can buy at Human Society and just sanitize. At any rate - when they are outgrown I haul them to donate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts