Labradoodle Forums banner

Crate advice

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  annabelles mom 
#1 ·
So last night we didn't have time to go out and buy Kirby a new crate. We have a wire crate that technically belongs to Dexter, but Dexter was never actually crated. Dexter's crate just sits down with him in the basement and contains some of his toys. Last night we crated Kirby in Dex's crate for lack of better options. Dexter watched Kirby go in and had no problem with it. Kirby slept like an angel the entire night and we found him laying happily this morning. Does anyone see a problem with us using Dex's crate for Kirby? I don't think Dex has a major attachment to it.

#2 ·
I believe the big problem would have happened in the first night. I had gotten a separate kennel for Miko, not that Jonah ever uses his (in fact just donated it to my niece's new rescue), but it was WAY too big for Miko. As long as "Dexter's" toys aren't still in there, it should be OK.

Congrats once I again.....I'm so happy for you all!! :lol:

#3 ·
thanks gene. I'll keep an eye on them again tonight. we may try crating kirby in it for a bit during the day and have dexter in the basement too and see if it bothers him. we would certainly buy another one, but don't want to do so if there's no reason.

#5 ·
I agree that if it were a problem the complaint would have been
last night. Denver uses his crate only when we go to work
and the door is always open but he always sticks his head in first
as a few of the cats have claimed it as well. When he really wants it
he just marches on in and the cat leaves as it is Denvers space. I may have to help with a stubborn cat and I do because they must learn to give him some respect as well. Any of you with cats know that they usually rule
and Denver gets reminded daily.(Teehee) But the crate needs to be his sanctuary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.