Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ella has been coughing today. It sounds like she is trying to throw up. We believe that she ate something that does not agree with her. But is unable to get it up. Do you have any advice on how to help her? Could the coughing be from something else? She coughs especially after she barks. Any help would be great.
thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
How old is she?
I'd get her to a vet pronto to rule out respiratory infection, or anything else serious. Coughing dogs are not something to be taken lightly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ella is 8 months old. She does not seem to be very uncomfortable, and the coughing is not very long. She seems to want to cough something up, almost like a furball. We plan to call the vet in the morning. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi MaggieMay, I agree with Tina...and I am glad that you are seeing the vet right away. It could be kennel cough too.
Please let us know what your vet says.
I hope it is nothing, but it is very good that you are taking her in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi, my raleigh had the very same cough, like trying to cough up a fur ball sound and it is definately something to look into with your vet. raleigh had kennel cough and pnuemonia. my vet does a great fur ball cough imitation which confirmed the diagnosis since raleigh would not cough for the vet. good luck. ps, raleigh recovered but had a strict regime of antibiotics. also, this is very contagious to other dogs.

let us know what happens,
tina and raleigh

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
update

We have a vet appt. for mon. (we've been out of town). We spoke to the vet and believe that is kennel cough. My other dog and my Grandma's dog all have a similar cough. Hopefully it is nothing to serious. I'll post soon. Thanks for all the help!
Jackie, Maggie, and Ella

1 - 8 of 8 Posts