Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.petconnection.com/blog/

Report: UC Davis finds melamine in food not on recall list
May 22, 2007
Via Ben at itchmo.com, this report from KSEE 24 News in California's Central Valley:

Dog owners are being warned about a batch of possibly contaminated food, sold at a Visalia Costco around mid-April, after at least four dogs fell ill.

Two of the dogs who became sick, a nine-year-old chocolate lab named Bob and his 1 1/2-year-old adopted sister, Pearl, have been staying at the Lone Oak Pet Clinic in Visalia, since May 11, after they began throwing up.

"We took them in… and her kidney was 80 percent shutdown," said owner Ken Womack.

The dogs are being fed through intravenous tubes and are regaining their strength, but their struggle doesn't seem to be isolated.

Two other dogs apparently came in earlier with the same symptoms.

Veterinarian Dr. Matt Humason says "We began asking questions…we found the dogs all ate the same food from the same store at the same time… so we sent a sample to get it tested and it came back positive with melamine."

All four dogs ate Nutra Nuggets brand food.

A sample was sent to a lab at UC Davis and Womack's fears were confirmed. "All I'm trying to get people to do is notify the people and let them know we may have problem. Unfortunately I feel Costco has been very hesitant to do that."
and:

I just talked with Diamond and here's more information …

The product in question is Nutra Nuggets 40 lb. Lamb & Rice
Product code: NLR0404, with a best by Oct 9 & 10, 2008
The Nutra Nuggets product in question was sold at Costco in CA, WA, OR, AZ, NV.
It was not sold in Fred Meyer or Smart and Final
Diamond is still waiting on confirmation from the testing. I'll update as soon as I have more info.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts