Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it isn't really magic, but, Oh My, do I love, love, love it. Finally, after searching for almost two years I found a brush that can get down to his skin, get through his coat, and not leave him looking like a cotton ball.

So for all of you with a curly, heavier coated dood, I recommend the 35 mm Pin Brush by Chris Christensen. It is reasonably priced as well.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
There are several 35mm brushes...which one did you get? As Tanner has gotten older, I find that a pin brush is good to use daily.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Maybe Charlie needs something like this? He has a very poodly coat. He was groomed this week and came home looking like a teddy bear. His face is just a big old puff ball even though I took Chouette's pictures as examples. :?

Deb

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Thanks Vicky...I just ordered it. :p Tanner loves to be brushed with a pin brush but the pins in most are just too short...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Jac! I was going to email you about the brush, so I'm glad you read about it here. You might want to order just one though, just to try, before you order that dozen. :lol:

AnnieG, Copper is the same way, he just flops right down to get brushed. :lol: I had the same frustration with the pin brush too. They were all too short, and then they would sink into the brush which made them even shorter. This one really does do the trick. I hope you are happy with it too.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Brush review

Tanner received his brush yesterday and I love it. The pins are really alot longer than the others that I have and work great on his poodley parts :lol:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am so glad you liked the brush. Did Tanner enjoy the brushing as well? How did the poof factor work for you guys?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner loves the brush especially after he has been romping in the snow. It seems to bother him when his legs get tangled. They don't mat like they did a year ago but he still likes them brushed out.

I like the brush because he goes from very thick poodle like curls on his neck then not very thing coat on his body. I still think the Les Pooches brush is hard on him and I don't want him to be poofy. My groomer poofs him and I take him home spray him and let the poofs dry to spirals, my favorite. :wink:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It sounds like Tanner has a similar coat to Copper. Cop is curliest on his head, neck, under his ears and on his legs. The area under his ears has been the hardest, in the past, to keep control of. But so far he is looking good. I have never cared for the slicker type brushes for Copper. They leave him looking way, way to poofed. Not even water will return his spirals. :shock:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Doggonecrazy said:
Ok, it isn't really magic,
No, it IS magic!!! I just got my Chris Christensen brush in the mail today and its AWESOME!! What used to take 2-3 grooming sessions took about 10 mins today! :eek: And Boo tolerates this much better than the regular slicker brush and pin brush I had been using. (And I was really gentle with those brushes.)

I bought the 27mm T-brush version of the pin brush. Cost me $28 plus $8 shipping. Totally worth it. (But I'm still hiding the receipt from my family! They think I'm crazy enough as it is. :( )

Thanks for the great recommendation!! :D I'm tempted to try that Buttercomb comb of his....

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Annie, I'm with you - I love those little "dreadlocks" that doodles get - so long as they aren't all tangled! It's much easier to keep Tyke's hair longer now that she will actually sit still (only in 30 second increments) for brushing!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts