Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case you are wondering what Copper is looking like these days, I thought I would post a picture. :wink: He is a wonderful additon to our family.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Stacy, he is a big teddy bear.

How did Coal do when he came home today?

·
Registered
228 Posts
He is doing just fine with regards to the surgery but I am nervous now because of something I did!! I felt bad for the little guy and I wanted him to lay still for a while and so I went to Petsmart to get him a bully stick (we had gotten one previously and he was content to chew it for hours). Well, I bought the braided kind this time because it looked bigger and I put him in his crate and went to do some chores for a bit. I came back and the whole stick is gone!!!! Should I be super concerned??? He ate the whole thing in less than an hour! Is there danger in that? I hope I didn't do something horrible! The other kind he chews for days. This one seems to have crumbled right up like beef jerky. What do you think??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I don't know if it is dangerous but I will let you know that Jett does the same thing. No matter what type of bully stick I have gotten for her it is GONE within a matter of minutes. It hasn't made her sick or anything. I haven't been able to find anything for her that will last longer than 15 min or so. She is a devil chewer. :twisted:

I am glad to hear Coal is doing good after surgery. That is a load off your mind I am sure. I won't have to go thru that with Copper as he was neutered while he was with Jac.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I know! It would have been great to have that surgery all done and behind him when I got him! He is doing good right now. He is not back to his usual happy self though. His eyes are teary and he is sleepy. I think he needs a good night's rest. Poor poor baby. Well, thanks for letting me know that Jett does the same thing with the bully sticks. I guess I will try to stop worrying. Unfortunately worrying is part of my nature! Well, I am going to go cuddle my doggy for a little bit. The kids are being so sweet and treating Coal like a little prince. It's nice to see the kids "mother" a pet.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Vicky, Copper looks as though he is laughing really hard. :lol: Stacy, I'm sure Coal will be fine. Someone had posted about RedBarn filled chews...how they last a really long time. Well, less than an hour at my house. I bought two. So I spent a little over $10 for a little less than 2 hours entertainment. That's like going to the theatre to see a movie :oops:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:lol: LeeBeth. I clipped the hair around his eyes after that picture. His eyes really are a little bigger than that although very hard to find sometimes under the fluff.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is another impersonation of a stuffed animal. Only this time it has Jett's bone. :lol:

G

·
I tried to post these earlier but i dont think it worked...

Copper is adorable! He is one of Jac's puppys right??? If so the poodle in the picture below is Coppers Aunt. She is Chase's full sister and litter mate. The doodle in the second picture i will post isnt even 6 months old. He is one big boy!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, hello Auntie! :) That would make the doodle a sibling to Rosie? He sure is a big boy! You have an attractive pack! What breed is the middle dog?

I am so curious to see how big Copper will be. He is almost as tall as Jett is now, Jett is short, but not as long as she is. His head is as big as hers already too.

G

·
The middle dog is a red merle Australian Shepherd (herding dog). Yes Murphy, the dog on the end, is Rosie's sister. He sure is large. Keep us posted with pictures of Copper as he grows! Murphy weighed in yesterday at 50 pounds.
Terri Lynn

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hey you guys! I didn't even know this post was going on!
(Isn't Copper adorable??? :D )
I love the pictures with Jett and Copper...I just recall when Jett was struggling so much (and so was Vicky) with hip problems and operations...and now to have her being a best friend to my sweet baby...well, I couldn't be happier!
And, I am so happy that Terri Lynn posted pictures of her group! Yep, Molly looks just like Chase! I don't clip his face though so I have to use my imagination! Molly has a stronger dilute gene than Chase...she is lightening up like my girls...I think she is very pretty!
But Murphy is a brother to my little (er, big) Rosie...and, Terri Lynn, Rosie went to the vet today...she weighs 49+ lbs!
So, there you go...Copper has family cleeeear up in Nova Scotia!
I can't wait for Terri Lynn's Molly and Murphy to make puppies...they will be cousins to my puppies with Chase and Rosie! It will be fun to see if it makes a difference that the genders are reversed, that the Poodle is female for Terri Lynn and the GD is male. (Opposite for us.)
I love this business!!! :D :D

G

·
Maureen:
I have actually neutered my male aussie after much thought. They are a wonderful breed of dog for some people but very strong for the average puppy buyer. They are best suited to farm homes as they have an intense drive to work. Lee is a wonderful dog but he was very challenging at times. He is two now and I couldnt have a better dog. The aussie is such a strong breed i was scarred that the pups would end up in shelters ect . b/c they may be two hyper. I do love the pictures of the aussiedoodles though! I love the coat patterns, and sometimes I kick myself for my decission. But, by breeding goldendoodles I feel that i do not have to turn away people who do not live on farms, and wouldnt have to worry as much about the puppy being "too much dog" for a buyer. So Lee vi is just a pet. Which will make my life easier when my poodle comes into heat (not having two intact males)!

As for Molly looking like Chase... I just shaved molly down but you should of seen how much alike they were when she had long hair. When Rosie was a puppy Jac sent me a picture of Chase with Rosie. Everyone in my family that i showed the picture too said... 'that's molly and murphy.. but where was this taken?" Like Jac,,, i can not wait to see the puppies!!

Terri Lynn

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
THANK YOU for your honesty about Aussies!
I've experienced and observed all that you have said, but thought it was just me, and my experience with that breed. They have WELL served my father-in-law with his small herd of cattle! But I hated it when my mom's housepet would "herd" me thru the hallway of our home! :x

I'm so in love with our poodles, that I think a poodle can improve ANY breed! :wink: (even a lab!) lol. go figure...

Anyway, Terri Lyn, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, and your warmth and honesty are a GREAT match for the other breeders on this forum! :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Good morning all!
I just want to echo what Maureen has said about Terri Lynn...she is a very honest and caring person and will be a fabulous breeder! She has a beautiful home and the dogs are so well cared for.
Terri Lynn and I have been in constant communication since we discovered that we bought littermates...it was so much fun to compare stories (and her Molly has the same wonderful laid-back qualities as Chase!)
This forum is where we "met"...it was so funny...one day, after I bought Chase and had him home, I was on this forum and "Molly" posted that she was planning on breeding and had just bought a beautiful chocolate Poodle...she mentioned the breeder and I wrote back immediately and told her that we were related!
Now I consider her to be a good friend.
I am glad that you are all getting to know her too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts