Labradoodle Forums banner

Considering a Labradoodle...need your advice...

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Shannon(Phantom-Star) 
#1 ·
First, let me start by saying, this is a great site. Its extremely informative on the breed and gives someone like me a great place to see what everyone else is saying about their Labradoodles...not too mention, everyone here seems very friendly and helpful.

That brings me to my question. I am currently considering getting a Labradoodle in the next few months. Everything I have read about them seems great. I am a long time allergy sufferer (more to cats than dogs) but would really like an intelligent, loyal, playful, non-shedding, hypo-allergenic dog. I know these are not guarantees, but very probable in this breed. Anyway, my concern is that I live in an apartment in the city of Chicago and wondered if you all feel this would be adequate living space for a Doodle? Our city has a large number of parks/dog parks and I run alot so getting my potential pup out for excercise would not be an issue. I am curious if you feel a standard would feel cramped living in an apartment?

Your thoughts, please! The last thing I would want to do is get a dog that would feel uncomfortable not having a full sized house to roam.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input Jac. There is so much information about these dogs, breeders, etc. my head is spinning. I think I'm ready to love one of these awesome dogs...

By the way, Lexie is a beauty! Love her look. I'm hoping to find that same size and coat in a chocolate color.

One other question regarding price. I've contacted a breeder in Indiana and she charges $2500 for a pup. I see most breeders charge around $1000 but have also seen some for sale for around $400. How do I know when cost is too high or low?

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Thank you to everyone for your advice and help! I was right about this place :) Anyway, it might not be for another couple of months until I really know if I am going to be able to be a Doodle owner. For those who offered contact info, etc. (K9Summer, I might just take you up on a visit!), thanks! Hope to be back soon on the owner forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.