Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me where to get those colored collars to put on puppies to tell them apart? At what age can I put them on? Thankyou! :)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Movistar!
I am going to assume that you mean satin ribbon that you use on clothing?Ii'll look in my sewing basket and see how many colors I have.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I use vet wrap tape. It comes in many colors, is very inexpensive and it stretches...and sticks to itself...so no choking risk.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I have a silly question as i am not a breeder.
the ribbons you use, aren't you afraid of using them?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
For right now the 2 we need to tell apart from the rest we can with no problem, but that will change as more are spoken for I imagine.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I also recommend the vet wrap. I've used a lot of different things and the vet wrap has worked best for me. I just cut it into small strips, it lasts forever.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I LOVE VET WRAP!

I cut it in 1" wide strips, and love it for all the reasons sited: cheap, non-choking, stretchy....

Also, do a search on the various pet supply sites and you can put in 'vet wrap' but you can also put in 'cohesive bandage' because that is the generic medical term.

I LOVE collecting all colors and prints of vet wrap.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
MaxandMe said:
I have a silly question as i am not a breeder.
the ribbons you use, aren't you afraid of using them?
nope :) never had a problem. Plus I am with them ALL the time pratically! you do have to check anything you use daily to make sure its not tight as the little angels have a growth spurt from time to time. I use ribbons that arent cloth and tie them in a slip knot so if they ever got stuck (which they never have) they will pull off.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
thanks movistar...as i was always curious about the ribbons and safety :D

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I started out using rick-rack, and I had heard of the concerns about choking, but to be honest, I'm kind of like Mickey (movistar) and I'm with my puppies too much for me to really be concerned about choking, but the stretchy-factor and how quickly they grow really sold me on the Vetrap.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I started out with colored yarn, but planned to change to something else...when breeders who saw pictures sent me the info on the vet wrap. It has been great for us.
I am with my pups all the time too, but it only takes a second for them to have a problem and if you are away for that time...I hate to think what might happen...
The vet wrap is available almost everywhere...we get it at our farm supply store. I've seen it at RiteAid!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts