Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok… I am looking for photos of before and after doodle cuts. Is it possible to have a folder made that we could put these photos in? Or does one exist out there all ready? I have been searching (which I am not good at) and have found a photo here and there but would love to have just one location to go to and figure out the perfect do for our doodle. SHARE SHARE SHARE pretty please????
Thanks,
AnneG

·
Registered
269 Posts
Here is a great site that has grooming instructions on the left column: http://idog.biz/

I think it helps to bring these instructions to the groomer since so often we hear "horror" stories of doodles getting shaved down or clipped like poodles! Even when the owner explicitely explains what NOT to do, some groomers have a mind of their own. Thus I would make sure your groomer is going to do what YOU want them to do, and not what they think they should do.

Also, I know many doodle owners that have their doodles groomed a couple times a year actuall yhave the groomer do much less than you would think. For example, one owner I know tell the groomer:
Please clip between their pads, do a sanitary cut, and trim right around his eyes... but DO NOT SHAVE the face or use the clipper in any way. Most of the time scissor cuts are less "harsh" looking although more time consuming an dpossible more expensive.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
wow, that site has grown A LOT!
But I looked and looked and couldn't find any grooming pics or instructions. Could someone post a link to that specific page? I have a doodle puppy living with his family but because he has a very poodley coat his groomer can't seem to resist rounding off the fur on his head. :?

I would LOVE to be able to offer some pics of curly, or even wooly doodle clips.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Great link Kelly :D Best I've seen, thanks for sharing :D :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What perfect info on doodle cuts. Thank you for posting it! :D Can't see how we can go wrong if we take that check list in for the groomer.
Also think that having that link/info on this site with all the before and after shots in one spot would be even more perfect. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts