Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a stupid questions---do you leave a collar on your doodles all the time with ID tags ? The reason I ask---Lizzie and Louie have collars with ID tags that I had been leaving on them--especially if they were wondering our fenced in property. They also are chipped--but I wanted to take every precautions should they escape. However--recently Louie got his tag stuck in the metal grill off the bar-b-que grill. ( a whole nother story how he managed that!)--anyway it got me thinking about all the things they could get caught in--they are so curious about everything--so I have been leaving thier collars off. I'm afraid they will strangle themselvs on something !! Am I just being paranoid ?! Has anyone seen any sort of breakaway collar ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I leave Sadie's collar on all the time, but not the tags. She is microchipped but I sometimes feel anxious that she's not wearing the ID tags at all times. But the tags do tend to get caught on things so I figure it's safer with them off.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
not sure about breakaways for dogs (I know they have them for cats)
I have however seen collars with the doggies name and phone number woven into them. :) I will try to locate a link though its been awhile since I have seen them.

M~

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. - I will take a look. A friend also suggested I write info on collars wilth a permanent marker. The same friend also told of a story about a dog that strangled because his tags got caught and twisted in the little spaces between the boards of a deck. He could not get loose, and his airway was cut off----so my dogs will not be wearing there collars with dangleing tags outside--ever!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts