Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vanessa - I brush Annabelle every day or every other day and take off the collar when I brush, keeps her from matting under collar.

Annabelle doesnt matte much, worse area is under her "arms"

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Getting ready for winter?

Vanessa I just noticed that in the past few days Tanner seems to be matting more. Is it because it is getting to be fall?...getting ready for winter? I removed a big ball of fur from him today...for the parts that are really matted I find that the thinning shears really help...you might try that for the mats under Mija's collar.

I bought a rolled leather collar for Tanner...it looked good for just having their tags on but when we used it for leash walking, it just rolled up over his head.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I'm finding more Dexter tumbleweeds around the house this last week - I bet the weather has something to do with it.

No advice on the matting besides best shot and scissors :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max who usually sheds a little? is shedding more this past week :wink:

thinning shears work wonders :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nicky has a lot of hair and I try to brush him daily. He likes being brushed! I don't usually take off his collar when brushing him, but tonight I thought I'd better do that and check to see if his hair was matted where the collar had been. No mats, but Nicky must have felt strange without his collar! He sat still while I brushed where it had been and seemed happy when I put the collar back on. He just has an ordinary flat collar from PetSmart.

How many tags does your doodle have hanging from his collar? Nicky has four! They are rabies tag, city license tag, tag with his PetWatch.com number (microchip), and a tag with his name and my address and phone number.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Tanner has name tag and dog license....we can't get dog license without proof of rabies vaccination but I don't put all his tags on.... :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Dex has a lot of tags: town registry, town registry from last year (we need to remove that one :oops: ), rabies, his name tag, microchip

Best shot has a mild peppermint scent...it really smells nice! They both are so soft after a bath.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK Which BEST SHOT shampoo? curious as i always see the Flea and Tick Best Shot at County Max

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
we use the same as what gene posted. We use the conditioner too. we order online at dog.com or the bestshot website (we have ordered from both depending on the current deals).

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Annabelle has 2 tags - ID tag and rabie/license tag.

She wears a flat collar and I've gotten used to her tag sounds, don't notice them anymore, unless she's in a head flipping shake the toy as hard as I can frenzy :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Max has 3 tags: rabies license, town license and name tag with 2 phone numbers ..Peanut has 2 , i have to get the town license hahhaa

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
OK, I just commented on another thread about
Coco and matting/tangling!

I hadn't thought about it being the change of season....but in the last week, or so...
Coco has really started matting~mostly under her arms;
along her shoulders and neck
and even the top of her head!!
Never has she done this to this extent....
We took her to be groomed today
and I thought the groomer was probably right
about her "blowing her puppy coat,"
but this isn't just shedding....though she is shedding a lot
when I brush her....Are they getting thicker winter coats?
I think it's strange (and relieving) that so many others have just begun to do this, too!!

Best Shot works great....a fresh minty scent, but I am going to purchase the detangler, too...next time I order.
I love the way her coat feels after a shampoo and conditioning with it
...Best Shot is better than what the groomer used today.

As for the rolled leather collar.....it broke Coco's hair off worse underneathe it...than the flat nylon collar.
I liked it, but was hard on her coat.
She is matting under the flat collar now ~for the first time....where it rubs
on her lower neck and shoulders.
Never has done this before....again seasonal ?
Is it supposed to be a very cold winter??
:?:
:?: :roll: :lol: :lol:
8)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
We use the rolled leather collar ... just not for the leash .... prolonged flat collar usage seemed to make her itch!

Thought I was behind the eight ball last week as Ebbe got a really short haircut (was thinking I should have done it earlier in the summer)! But reading about the weather change and matting it looks like the right decision!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
We've had no problems with the rounded. DH loves it! Says it has a "much llower profile" which appeals to his artistic asthetic! :roll:

I just want to put her in pretty collars! :D

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Yes, I have friends who wish their husbands would take such an interest in decorating and furnishing their homes.

I have it tenfold! :shock: Thank Goodness we are usually on the same page .... but DH will go to ten different stores looking for a specific hamper with requirements that do not exist in hamperworld. Finally coming to the conclusion that he is over thinking it and the laundrey room is ten steps away and contains any number of unartistic hampers quite suitable for his wet towel!

WHICH IS WHAT I SUGGESTED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

And so you can only imagine what he's like when it comes to Ebbe! :wink:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
How hysterical!! One of the reasons I fell in love with my husband, is the artistic sense of design he had in decorating his apartment.....what happened?? He takes an interest in things when he has to pay for them...but color, for instance, etc...no longer grabs him like it used to. It sure is important to me!! :roll:

Coco does not have a very thick coat...in fact, it is rather wispy really. She is considered to be a wavy fleece...I have always thought Mija looked like she was pretty wooly and more curly than Coco. :?:

Maybe the coarseness of her coat wouldn't be bothered with the rolled collar....worth a try. I do like the leather look better. :D

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Is this how Mija's coat usually is?does she brush out any straighter?

...Tanner has that kind of curl around his neck but his back has less curl...also his legs are fleecy.

Poor Tanner had to endure 3 brushing sessions this past weekend to cut out the mats that were forming....he went to daycare today but if he comes back matted again...I will have to have the groomer take him shorter...this matting has really come up quickly

:cry: :cry:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts