Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dakota is 6 months old. I have noticed in the past week or so that his coat is getting a wiry feel to it. It was very soft. I would have expected this change in coats when he blows his puppy coat, but at 6 months? Does he already have his adult coat coming in? :?

Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Boone got that wiry looking coat also. It was like a mohawk all the way down his back...but now that has started to come out (tons of it) and he's getting smoother and little wavy. I think that will be his real adult coat. Boone has had about 3 so far and he's 8 months now.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Diane and Tina, you are so right...their coats are a source of wonder until they reach that adult coat...then you know!
My F1s have very wiry coats, but my F1Bs are so soft and wavy...some are more of a spiral look, but still soft...
Anyway, it sounds like your baby will have a wiry coat as it grows, Diane, but still it could be curly and longer.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
With our dogs, we knew what their adult coat would be like when they were about 6 months old...but often it takes at least a year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts