Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have F1B's that don't have a coat that matts up?

Our f1b is so "poodlie" we can't keep the hair too long.

I guess I am wondering if they ever just get fleece like and not curly?

Thanks for your help!

Gabrielle

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wish i could help you but i can't

my GD peanut is a f1 fleece coat that luckily doesn't mat or shed
she's the fleece shaggy wooly mammoth look when her coat is fully grown out

the only area to watch on her for matts in by her paws

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sam is F3 (Australian 3rd generation?) and is a fleece coat. He's soft and cuddly but he sheds slightly. His underbelly get's a bit matted sometimes particularly when he does a big wee and aims too high :oops:

·
Registered
84 Posts
coat type

How can you tell when they are puppies what type of coat they will end up with, especially if they shed it off after 8 mos or so?
I am getting an F1b or F3 - not really sure how those coats are different anyway - but I'd prefer a fleecier one, I think - one that is not so curly & does not require so much maintenace. What should I be looking for in an 8 week old puppy to find the kind of coat I'd like?

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I think Dexter has a fleece coat (he's a F1B)...he does matt, but mostly due to our negligence with brushing. I got a new brush recently and he doesn't mind getting brushed as much. He was only very slightly matted when we took him for grooming.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi....I'm new here. We have an F1b labradoodle. I'm not exactly sure what type of fur you would consider my dog to have. It doesn't matt but it isn't the the poodle type fur either (curly). It's very cold right now where I live so I've let his fur grow out. It's long and and looks straight, yet he looks fluffy. He sheds a small amt. If you look at an individual strand of hair it is straight from where it is attached to the skin and then the rest of it looks like someone crimped it.

Looking forward to reading up and posting about our pup!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts