Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what type of coat this puppy will have...

He is so different compared to my others in the litter. He is already 10 pounds and has a real flat coat. He is 7 weeks old. He is nicknamed 'Bear'. The smallest in the litter weighs 4.5 pounds. The second largest pup only weighs 7 pounds and most weigh aroung 6.5. I will post a another picture to show the difference between this pup and what the rest typically look like!

Any suggestions on what to expect from this large flat coated pup??

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I thought that it might help to see pictures of Rosie when she was a puppy and as she looks now...Your pups are simply adorable!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Say, he IS a big puppy! I just checked...when Chase was 7 weeks old, he weighed 7.9 lbs...at 9 weeks he was 12.8 lbs.
Looks like Bear will be a biiiig dog!
How much does Murphy weigh? What about Molly?
Rosie is 60 lbs and Chase is 70 lbs.
(For all of the others reading this...I keep mentioning my dogs only because they are siblings to the parents of these cute puppies!)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once again.. thank you Jac. I couldnt find the pictures of Murphy when he was that young. They are on my computer and on a disk somewhere!

·
Registered
853 Posts
What darling puppies! Just beautiful!

Jac - I would have never guessed that Rosie would have such long wavy hair from seeing her as a tiny puppy! She's beautiful.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks, Kim...I think that her coat is really pretty too...and I was a bit disappointed in her when I saw the baby pictures...shame on me! She is a darling dog...her personality is terrific! She is so much fun.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I totally forgot how Rosie and Murphy looked as puppies. I cant even find those first pictures. But, I do remember that Rosie and Murphy looked a lot alike. Here is a picture of Murphy in full coat

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Murphy has always been a gorgeous guy! I remember when you got him I thought that his coat was very rich and thick.

I can't imagine that you will have any real flat-coated pups from him and Molly...it would really be a surpise to me.

If people wonder about your pup's coats, send them to this forum link!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I love their coats, when otto was born I was hoping he would be curly, the breeder gave me the choice of not having him, but I had held and bonded with him, he is wavy and his coat appears to be growing very much like your Rosie, he is now 25 weeks so we will wait and see. He does moult not a lot but I brush him every day and do get hairs from him. Is Rosie in your opinion and great knowledge a hair coat? :lol:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
In my circumstances, Rosie does shed...quite a bit for a doodle, but not bad at all compared to a Golden.

I hope that by breeding the pups back to a Poodle, we will have nonshedding F1B puppies.

Rosie does mat because of her shedding, but she just needs lots of brushing (which she LOVES)...

Terri Lynn tells me that Murphy (Rosie's littermate) doesn't shed.

I know that with my Labradoodles, (F1) we had shedding during the first year but it slowed down a lot after that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts