Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still confused of the type of coat Otto has? is it hair= wool? or fleese spelt that wrong I think. His head is afro curly, his back is wavy and down towards the tail is frizz a perm that is bad. What can I do with this? he is three dogs in one. He is so handsome has a lovely face, gorgeous nature and is comical. What do they call the soup? Heinz variety that is my Otto, expensive soup, but it is down to taste.

G

·
Hi Angie!
Otto is so gorgeous! I found a good web page that talks about coat texture too. It states that rarely does a Labradoodle have a 100 % totally fleece or wool coat. It is usually 80-90% of one and a mix of the other. It sounds like Otto might even have a little bit of both. He definitely looks a little woolly to me on his legs (but I am no expert :lol: ) and maybe fleecy on his head? Here is the page:
http://www.labradoodle-breeder.com/faq_ ... _coat.html
Are you near Lancashire? My sister and her family are there until July :lol:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
How old is he it is hard to tell by this picture what does his coat feel like? Silk or Wooly feeling? If it feels more like silky then it is fleece. The reason I ask how old he is, because he may have not blown his puppy coat yet.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Linda we are in the North East of England between Newcastle and Sunderland football teams.
His coat feels wooley and corse, he is 10 months old

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK, quick question: when your doodle blows their puppy coat do you also get clumbs of hair besides the fine downy silky stuff that workds it way under furniture and around baseboards.

Also is is good to trim them while they are blowing their puppy coat?
Max is 7mos old now and I think we're going through it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts