Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea what these two pups will look like when they get older as far as their coats? Which looks to be the lower shedder? The whole fleece/wavy/curly thing is confusing me big time. I really think that my dog has a bit of everything in his coat right now.
The blonde is at 5 weeks one parent is an f1b the other is a multigen australian , the chocolate is at 8 weeks and is an f1b.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
OMG that 2nd puppy is the cutest thing ever!!

hmmm...It's tough to tell on the first...the 2nd is nice and wavy/curly so that is normally a sign of non to light shedding.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
ohhhhhhhhhhhh chocolate!! yessssssssss
and the chocolate one for sure will have a fleece coat

the blonde cutie pie.....not sure if it will be fleece or possible softer longer haired with few curls hair coat?

It's so hard to tell at time via picture, Peanut's coat was straight but short and thick with few waves that you could count them....look at her now
hahhahaa a perfect fleece coat- nonsheddding too

·
Registered
385 Posts
I agree, I would say the chocolate one would be more likely to be a non-shed coat. The Golden looks like Brie when she was a pup... smooth wavy coat and Brie sheds.

Someone told me that if they have curly hair on their paws/ankles then they are more likely not to shed.

:)

Sarah

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hum

I was thinking that the top one might be the lower shedder because of its australian parent. However, the brown one does seem to have a lot of curl to its coat.
Anyone have a puppy picture to adult of a similar coat to either of these?
Thanks!

·
Registered
273 Posts
It's a bit hard to compare the puppies because of the age difference. Coats can change a lot in 3 weeks at this age but I do think the chocolate is going to be curlier. The creme has more of a wavy coat like my puppy did at that age. My doodle is from an F1 Mom and Australian multigen dad. Here are pictures from 5 weeks, 9 weeks and the last one is at a year. As he aged he developed a rough patch of hair on his back by the top of his tail. That patch and his tail do shed a very small bit. I can cuddle and rough house with him while wearing a white shirt and when I'm done I don't have dog hair on me. We picked one of the flatter coated pups in the litter - I didn't want a really tight curl. One advantage is his coat grows a lot slower than some of his littermates so grooming and trimming aren't needed very often.

Heather

5 weeks:

9 weeks:

1 year:

·
Registered
286 Posts
i think it says the golden colored pup is staying at the breeders - unless they have decided for some reason not to keep her now.

either way i think they are both adorable, but i favor the chocolate =)
looks like my riley, with a little more curl!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
See i love the chocolate but I also like the cream. When we get another doodle i want a cream colored one. And it to be standard. Cacao is a mini and I love her. But my husband and kids want a BIG dog. So I have said another doodle. We will see if that happens.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Is Manchego chocolate, or a brownish/Licorice black like my Marley?
Manchego is brownish/licorice black like Marley. As you can see he gradually turned this color... he was jet black when he was a puppy.

And he says thank you for thinking he's cute :oops:

:)
Sarah

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Geeze!!! that's right! We had this coversation on another thread.
Marley & Manchego are the same color w/same coat!
I just might be able to hide my own easter eggs the rate my memory is lately! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts