Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thanks for the article Tink! I found this quote interesting because the uncertainty was one of the things I like about labradoodles!

"The problem is the lack of predictability," Lainie Cantrell, spokeswoman for the AKC, said of labradoodles and other popular mixed-breds. "That's the whole point of a purebred dog and the benefit of a purebred dog is that you typically know what you're going to get."

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks, Tink! That was a good article. I think that they did a great job in prsenting the reasons we breed and love these dogs and the reasons that purebred dog fanciers prefer their dogs...all without name-calling!
Nice article.

G

·
Great article. At least they were not name calling. I love my pup and I don't like it when people give me a look when I tell them what kind of dog she is.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I'll take the Box of Chocolates with its mixtures any day

Good article as it presents both side of the story

and for me, Mixed Breed...just a doodle or "snickerdoodle" as some tease me in Rochester, doesn't matter

what matters is I have 2 very lovable, huggable, cuddly ,endearing, intelilgent , comical, sweet, awesome doodles ---who could ask for anything more? :wink: :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quite seriously, I get a bit tired of hearing about the "predictablity of purebreds" since even within breeds there are a lot of variables. Unless you're cloning, you can't predict with 100% accuracy what a pup is going to be. Having bred GSDs and horses I've had many wonderful and a few not so wonderful surprises in my purebreds.

Other than that tired old phrase I really did like the article.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great article! I recently had an experience with a locally owned pet shop. I found them on the Canidae site and they were close to me. How perfect!! Until she asked me about my puppy. I told her he was a Labradoodle. She replied, none too nicely, "I only know about purebred dogs. I know nothing of these mixed breeds." What was that supposed to mean?? I wasn't asking her advice....but I guess I was getting it nonetheless! So.....not only did I NOT buy my Canidae from her, I drove 10 miles up the road to buy it from another locally owned pet store where the people were appropriately wonderful to my puppy. Very bad on her part. I spent a nice little bundle in that other pet store!

Oh and just because I still have a small chip on my shoulder I did inform her that a lot of those "pure bred dogs" actually got their start as a mix. No response.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You'll get this from time to time we all have and it won't just go away for now. Good for you :wink: for walking away that at the least sends a message that they as businesses should treat us all fairly, have they forgotten they need their customers even if we own doodles? :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Cooper2mom...........good for you!!! :D
I am the same way, if i am not treated like a customer with respect then i go where i am even IF it's a longer drive.

The 2 places I shop you'd swear they are the parents to Max and Peanut hahahaa they love when we bring them there.
I switched VETS back in January to a vet that KNOWS doodles and LIKES doodles :D my previous vet office had an attitude and i was teaching them about my dogs :shock:

And when some people are PUT OFF :roll: about doodles I ignore them--- as somehow Max and Peanut tend to win them over with something silly and intelligent they do hahhahaaa

·
Registered
689 Posts
We were watching Wheel of Fortune the other day and the resolution to the puzzle was "Labradoodle". We had a big laugh about that and how we must have reached the big time if Wheel of Forture recognizes our kind of puppies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts