Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use to clean the doodles ears? He had a bad odor coming from them (yeast infection :oops: ) and we had him on some stuff from the vet. Said probably from water in them (from groomers). I was wondering what stuff you could use besides a cotton ball dry and gently wiping it out. To keep them clean and dry

Thank you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
My vet gave (sold) me a special solution for cleaning Quin's ears. I'm not sure that it is any more effective than a homemade mixtures - but the applicator bottle it is in is easy to use and the solution leaves his ears smelling minty fresh (which is a little odd, but nice). So, I just take the easy route and buy it. They probably sell the same or similar product at pet stores.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
There is a commercial ear cleaner (several brands) that uses the solution to clean and a second solution that goes in like a thick gel and tuns into powder. I use it and like it. Yeast infections are hard to treat and may come back often...if so, check into the puppy's diet...sometimes this is caused by allergies to food.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Water, Vinegar, and a little Rubbing Alcohol do 3 parts water to 1 part Vinegar and add a touch of the rubbing alcohol this acts as a drying agent.

Get your cotton ball wet and squeeze all of the wetness out of it and clean the ear then take a dry cotton ball and follow up with that do this at least once a week and it really helps the vinegar will kill the bacteria if there is any. If your dogs swim you might want to do this a little more often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts