Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this question has been posted before, but I'm wondering if anybody knows if the needles on a christmas tree are toxic for dogs? And the water from the tree? We've put a gate around the tree to block Maya from the water, but she's still able to reach the needles higher up when she's on the couch. Thanks.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
another link on same site which lists effects ranging from irratation to very toxic:

http://www.thepoop.com/howpoisonous.asp

I have been in the landscape field for 20yrs and haven't heard of toxity with xmas tree needles but will make a call.

I do know our MAX yesterday decided to bite our tree every time he didn't get his way or the attention he THOUGHT he required ...he'd bite the branch then walk over and SPIT them out at their feet. I was at work and missed a good laugh

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
MaxandMe said:
I have been in the landscape field for 20yrs and haven't heard of toxity with xmas tree needles but will make a call.
Off subject, Annmarie what do you do in landscape? I had gone back to school to get certified to be a landscape designer, did all the palnt classes, worked for a landscape nursery where a friend is a designer and decided I didn't need that kind of STRESS! I still share what I know but no stress involved! :lol:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
practically speaking my dogs eat pine needles and have absolutely no issues.

in fact they give "trimming the tree" a new meaning lol

(well they were cleaning up the floor a little for me and I thought heck saves me from getting out the vacuum :))

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Lisa...i pm'd you re landscaping :p

I get hired on the side by contractors to do designs for tight schedules and or difficult sites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts