Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lani was a year old on Christmas, I can't believe it! She has changed so much and has turned into such a clown. we were in Michigan for Christams visiting our families. My parents had to have their dog put down a couple of weeks ago, leaving my sister's dog without a friend. When we arrived she wanted nothing to do with Lani and Toby, by the time we left she was playing and they all posed for a photo!

Lani the birthday girl

Bailey, Lani, Toby

·
Registered
853 Posts
Happy Birthday Lani! What great photos. The one with the three dogs all lying down together is wonderful. That is very nice of your parents to allow you to bring your dogs into their lovely home (or is that your sister's house?).

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kim26 said:
That is very nice of your parents to allow you to bring your dogs into their lovely home (or is that your sister's house?).

It is my parent's house, we really never asked, we always took our other dog before she died last year since she started out there (and they did not say no!) :lol: They do love animals and even got used to all the wrestling they do. We are fortunate to have such wonderful families!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
lisa ....that is a fantastic picture!!! and it is great when families dont' mind each others dogs to visit. I think it makes life more interesting! :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MaxandMe said:
lisa ....that is a fantastic picture!!! and it is great when families dont' mind each others dogs to visit. I think it makes life more interesting! :D
Life is always interesting with 2 doodles! I have to say I forgot my mom and dad have a bird and the dogs headed straight for the cage! :shock: They just wanted to play with it :lol: Mom almost had a heart attack and the bird was hissing at them like their cat. It was kind of like a ZOO! :lol: Everyone survived, no worse for wear.

·
Registered
689 Posts
What a sweet group! Lani is adorable as usual. Toby is looking great. Is he getting a deeper bark? My daughter is sure Archie's voice is changing.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chesterpal said:
Toby is looking great. Is he getting a deeper bark? My daughter is sure Archie's voice is changing.
Toby has alays had a deep bark, the first time we heard him bakr we couldn't believe it came out of such a small puppy (if you can call 21 lbs at 11 weeks small). It may be a littkle deeper now. Any new photos of Chester and Archie?

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Oh so wonderful to see all 3 dogs like that looking so happy and beautiful.
I cannot believe that there is Christmas paper behind them that is not shredded LOL Great photos!!!

Blueteal

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jorja'smom said:
Happy Birthday to Lani!! She's a beautiful young lady. Lani is a bigger version of Jorja. :D We're thinking of getting Jorja's hair trimmed. Have you tried that yet, Lisa?

Jorja turned one on New Year's Eve.
Happy Birthday to Jorga also!

Funny you should mention trimming her hair! I have been thinking about it but couldn't bring myself to do it. That is until this past weekend when I had the brilliant idea to take Lani an Toby to the dog park (mind you I have a pretty badly sprained middle finger on my right hand). They found the only mud puddle, about 4 - 6 inches deep. Toby walked through it so about 6" of his legs were covered in mud. Lani on the other had romped through it and put her face in it! :shock: Needless to say they got baths with my bad finger and all. I could not get all the dirt out of Lani's fur so she is only mostly clean. Now to find a groomer a guy at the dog park gave me a name so I'll give her a call and talk to her. When Lani was 7 months we had her done to make puppy fur and adult fur match in length.

Let me know wha tyou decide and we can swap before and after photos.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Oh no, I bet that was hard to give two dogs baths with a sprained finger. That's a lot of hard work anyways.

It seems Jorja's hair grows so slowly. She was spayed in July and her hair is just now grown out where they shaved her leg for the IV. Her hair doesn't match at all from one end to the other. Some hair is soft and kinky like little dread locks and some of her has wirey hair. She's milk chocolate, dark chocolate, black here and there, caramel around the nose and white hairs mixed in. Her hair pretty much matches her personality. GOOFY! We might wait a few months until the weather warms up a little. I'll have to check around on a groomer that knows what to do with a Labradoodle. I don't want her to look like a Poodle. Just trimmed up some.

These Labradoodles sure bring a lot of joy into our lives, don't they?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
they sure do Jorja!!! Doodles are teh best!

In fact tonight I was helping socialize seven 5 week old goldendoodles. I was in heaven!!!! A fat little roly poly red guy was my favorite. Waddling merrily along without a care in the world hhhahhaaa his belly was bigger than the rest of him!! he didnt nip or bark, just laid back, took him time la dee da dumm hahhahaa

Then i get home to Max our labaradoodle ...wham bam full of joy and energy after a 1.5yr nap along with tons of kisses and love ...and feel like i'm in heaven again.

Jorga...that does seem like a LONG time for hair to grow back in on a doodle.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
seazr said:
Happy birthdy Lani, you gorgeous thing! Dakota and Toby must have been seperated at birth--they look identical!
Diane (and Dakota)
Diane, any new pictures of Dakota? We'd love to see him! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts