Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of Rudder taken while opening his Christmas presents. I love the wry smile on his face.

He is growing very fast. At 16 weeks, Rudder is already as big as my neighbors adult female Lab. He is becoming a MONSTER MOP!

I have learned what you all are talking about when you mention the Doodle 500. There is not a single throw rug in the house that has not been thrown. Rudder does power slides around all corners. I wish my CTS could corner that well! :lol: :lol: The cats just stare in amazement as if to say "What a silly canine".

Happy New Year everyone. This is going to be the best one yet!

Dave

[/URL][/img]

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Wow Dave, it has been quite a while since I have seen a photo of Rudder. He is a big puppy!! And very handsome too!! Funny what you say about throw rugs and Doodle 500's. We all can relate. Happy New Year to you too.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I love the Cheshire cat smile MR Mc RUDDER is wearing!!!
he won that prize fair and square!!! hahahhahaaa

He sure is getting BIG! can't wait to see MORE PICS soon (hint hint)

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
AW.............Rudder is adorable!! Thanks for sharing!!
Doodle 500.......LOL..........I love it!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Dave ... can't believe how big he's gotten and still so cute. That is one happy doodle .... :wink:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
annabelles mom said:
How's Jamie's Dad doing?
Thanks for asking about Jamie's Dad. He is out of the hospital and doing fairly well at home. He really needs assisted living however. At 87 with COPD and early stages of dementia(gets lost in own home), Jamie's Mom is having a rough time coping.

Jamie borrowed :lol: .....Rudder this week and took him to Winchester to visit her parents. Rudder helped bring out her Dad's personality. He was energized by Rudders company. Jamie's Mom was all over Rudder. She couldn't stop hugging him. What a wonderful experience. I encouraged Jay to find a companion dog that likes to visit "shut ins" in the area. I remember one coming to a local nursing home and really bringing the residents some happiness.

Isn't is great what doodles can do for us! I may post this under its own topic later. I think it is a good story. Pictures of Dad and Rudder below.

[/URL][/img]

[/URL]

G

·
Dave...that is so cute!!!! I got Maya when I did because we found out my grandmother was sick. Maya has visited my grandparents a couple times now and they just love her. My grandfather really loves her and everytime I talk to them on the phone he always asks about Maya and tells me to give her a big hug for him. It really is so cute.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Dave what wonderful pictures - you can see how much Jamies Dad loves dogs and Rudder - what a little lover boy.

I agree, animals are awesome therapy - I wish I lived closer so I could take Annabelle to see "grampa" all the time. We took her up last summer when we went to visit them and Daddy and Norma Always ask how Annabelle is doing.

It is sad to watch our parents get old, I hope Jamies parents can find the help they need.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures and I will keep Jamie's parents in my prayers

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
animals sometimes have a helpful healing power we humans can't do
wonder if it has anything to do with their sweet unconditional loving ways

GREAT PICS DAVE.........thank you so much for sharing both your story and your pics!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts