Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is downright embarrassing, but this was Chip last night... matted, dirty, carrying wood chips on his butt...

This is Chip today after spending the morning at the groomers. I told her to just shave him short and give us a fresh start. Obviously she followed my instructions. So meet the new cleaned up version!

The girls were glad to have him return.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well, you know what I am going to say. :lol:

Chip you look very handsome, and your family will get used to the "new" you in no time!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all, it's so funny how the girls keep sniffing Chip since he got home. I don't know if they like his shampoo smell or just think he looks hunky all cleaned up. lol

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Tink said:
Thanks all, it's so funny how the girls keep sniffing Chip since he got home. I don't know if they like his shampoo smell or just think he looks hunky all cleaned up. lol
I vote for the second choice!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Megan, Canada's doing great. She's losing some hair, but is holding her weight well and seems healthy again.

The pups are doing very well. Getting up on their wobbly legs and walking... eyes open and starting to relieve themselves without Moms help. They're all round and frisky.

I posted pictures of the pups that are reserved at:
http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7880 and more on my website

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all, I'm not terribly fond of the job she did, but I wanted a fresh start and he truly was a mess, so I just did what I felt needed to be done.
Thank God it will grow back and hopefully it won't get so nasty this time!

Chip seems content with the new look. I'm sure it's much more comfortable for him than carrying all that long dirty hair.

I imagine it's just coincidental, but last night for the first time he started lifting his leg like a big boy. So now he not only looks different... he's showing us he's maturing. When Canada went out to the run to play and exercise last night he ran all around the perimeter of the run marking every post. Seems he wanted to show the queen of his harem that he's now a man. lol

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
You convinced me to take down Marley with a #4 blade....He still has his "head hair" and "tail hair" though. I love it!! He has been getting his adult coat & matting like crazy, and dumping tons of dirt all over the house. This should make it easier to keep him clean & brushed for now. Ahhh....he didn't lift his leg yet though, perhaps he needs a few more months. :lol:
I am going to really hear it when my hubby comes home on Thursday though, he loves the longer hair.
I was so pleased that I trimmed my own hair too to save a few bucks :oops:
Someone told me that the differece between a good cut and a bad cut is 2 weeks, maybe I should hide out with Miko & Rumor during that time! :lol:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ROFL Judi

I wish the groomer had left the ears long like I asked but she said they needed to be shaved too. So no bobble head for Chip, but he looks very odd yet. I guess it will take time to gt used to his new "do". I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one doing a drastic cut. I feel bad that it as so bad I felt this was necessary and now looking at him like this is my punishment lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts