Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow the chipmunks must have carried off a few tulips from my front garden and planted them in my backyard???

these are called Parrot Tulips that were planted back in 1975 in the driveway ....here it's 2008 and i didn't plant or move them hahhahaa
glad to see the chipmunks didn't eat these bulbs for once :D

so here are a few lonely tulips in this yard hahahaaa

THE yard and to the right where you see two small triangular green trees is where the lonely parrot tulips are blooming

Lonely parrot tulips

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I don't have tulips in strange places, but my neighbor now has asparagus in the field next door. Strange thing is, I'm missing a couple. Wonder where the other one went?

My Mom has what she calls Resurrection Lilies in her flower bed she didn't plant. She says God gave them to her. I think she's right.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the Resurrection Lilies are they pink/mauve colored and bloom in late summer? if they are they're also called Magic Lilies and they last for years.
I had them blooming here for about 10years...don't know where they went now hahhaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
My friend gets mysterious tomato plants. She says it's from bird dropings containing the seeds.

·
Registered
670 Posts
What a beautiful variety of tulip! Great yard for doodles too!! :D

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Annmarie you have a beautiful home..with space like that you
could open up a dog park :D

if you have bee s ..there could be all kinds of plant s growing
in the area..

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Wow, those tulips are beautiful. I guess your yard is "naturalizing" with the help of chipmunks! :wink:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Annmarie... tulips are cool and everything... but your yard!!! I never stop being impressed!!!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
MaxandMe said:
the Resurrection Lilies are they pink/mauve colored and bloom in late summer? if they are they're also called Magic Lilies and they last for years.
I had them blooming here for about 10years...don't know where they went now hahhaaaaaa
Yeh, they've got several different names. I can't recall all of them, but the leaves come up early, then die back. The flowers come after it looks like the plant died. The flowers are pink/mauve colored.

Maybe they went to my Mom's!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I bet your doodles have all kinds of fun in that yard. Cacao wouldn't know what to do with that much yard. I love your yard...Beautiful Yard! I am glad I don't have to mow that thing. How long does it take you Annmaire?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Wow, the flowers are gorgeous. But that yard! That is something else. Quite "Estate" like. Very nice to look at , but even nicer for Doods!!!!! I am very impressed with it all. It is a dream of mine. Very nice Annmarie, very nice.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Samantha...IT takes ME 2 hr 45min to mow 5 acres
and IT Takes DAVE about 4 to 4.5hours hahahahhaa

ME? if i am bigger than it, i mow over it
DAVE.......he's gotta have those straight perfect lines and does diff patterns weekly hahahhaaa

SUE ...doggy day care will be in the future i hope :wink: as i have the set up in basement and rifht sized yard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts